This was a good hostel, but I'm afraid they might be resting on their laurels a little bit. With the fantastic reviews up here and the '#1 hostel in oceania' flyers everywhere I was expecting a bit more.
- Great wifi, strong reception, fast speed.
- Nice layout, several communal areas, relaxed atmosphere.
- Quiet area and rooms.
- Great vouchers available at reception- discounts for decent restaurant.
- No bin in the room.
- Shower drains need a clean - water pools around ankles.
- No brush or sponge in kitchen, same cloth to wipe benches used to wash dishes.
- Reception closed between 12-4pm, really surprised about this.
- No top sheet on the bed, this means the doona/duvet is shared with previous guest, if they shower in the morning, their whole day's filth is caked onto the blanket.
- No paper towels/towel to dry your hands in the bathrooms.'
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Travellers Oasis Backpackers Hostel in Cairns.Travellers Oasis is a charming little guest house offering cosy and clean facilities to the budget conscious traveller, in a friendly and relaxed environment.Centrally located in a quiet area, our guests can relax in our sparkling pool, or lie back in our hammocks and chill out to the music. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Travellers Oasis Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travellers Oasis Backpackers Hotel Cairns