We stayed in the hibiscus 2 bedroom apartment and felt we were very much the poor citizens to the rest of the building which appears to have been refurbished. Whilst the apartment was spacious, the beds were comfortable and sheets and towels new and clean, the property had terrible florescent strip lighting through out, no bedside lamps, tatty outdoor furniture, rubbish on garden by the terrace. It felt very uncared for. The worst thing of all were the school classroom type slatted metalic blinds in the bedrooms. The main bedroom looked onto the stair well and all the light came into the room as you couldn't close the blinds properly. After a sleepless first night and several requests to move they finally gave us some black plastic bin bags and sellotape to stick over the windows, it worked but made the room even less attractive! The reception staff were not generally very helpful, though the third person we spoke to, who wasn't Australian, did apologise and say that the blinds needed looking at. The kitchen equipment and crockery was also very tatty and well past its sell by date.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cairns Queenslander Hotel & Apartments, is situated within Cairns City close to the Esplanade foreshore. Cairns is your ideal coastal setting for your next holiday, short break or overnight stay. Our private balcony rooms are spacious and comfortable; we offer a wide range of affordable room types including Deluxe & Traditional Queenslander style accommodation, many room types featuring kitchenette dining facilities. Great value menu options combined with excellent fresh local cuisine are served in our casual a'fresco style licensed restaurant 'STEAK on LAKE'; Open Daily for breakfast 6:30am to 10am and dinner from 5:30pm. Evening daily meal specials and extensive a'la carte menu available. Wine lovers must try our wonderful selection of boutique Australian & NZ wines. Your accommodation also features 2 outdoor swimming pools, complimentary WiFi and plenty on-site car-parking. Cairns is the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef, World Heritage Rainforest and the adventure capital of the tropical north. With so much to see and do the fun never stops! Our friendly and helpful reception team ( available 24hrs) can provide invaluable tour advice and will book those tour experiences for you. The Cairns Queenslander Hotel & Apartments is proudly Australian owned and operated, suitable for family, single travelers, couples or small & large group stays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Cairns Queenslander Hotel and Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cairns Queenslander Apartments Hotel Cairns
- Queenslander Hotel Cairns
- Cairns Queenslander Hotel