We stayed at the CQ for 4 nights and was our first trip to australia and it was an enjoyable stay.
When we arrived we were met by David on reception who was really welcoming and helpful showing that nothing was too much trouble and was happy to point out local amenities to locations and also call tour operators for us which was very beneficial as we felt a little list when we arrived.
Location is about a 20 minute walk to town via the esplanade which leads you to the town centre and the lagoon.
David suggested a pub a block away to eat as was cheap because we are travelling called the cock and bull and it did not disappoint - the portions were gigantic and we had a kangaroo and croc combo so was great.
There is a supermarket 5 minutes away along with some take aways so was perfect for us as australia is much more expensive compared to the uk.
From the airport it is 5 minutes in a cab and costs about £13.
Rooms are big and have a tv on the wall with lots of channels, there is an iron and kettle etc and the bed is huge.
A big thanks to David again who made our stay enjoyable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cairns Queenslander is one of Cairns most popular accommodation & restaurant properties and is your ideal comfortable base from which to discover the surrounding natural beauty of the Great Barrier Reef and World Heritage Rainforest. Property location is ideally situated within easy walking distance to the Cairns Esplanade waterfront, numerous restaurants, convenience shopping and for our corporate clientele close to Cairns Central Business District. Conveniently divided into two separate buildings, you're offered a superb choice of accommodation options. The east wing provides AAA rated 4 Stars (DELUXE) modern contemporary designed hotel rooms, one & two bedroom serviced apartments. Separated by undercover walkway is our west wing AAA rated 3.5 Stars (STANDARD) traditional Queenslander style suites & family two bedroom serviced apartments. All guest rooms are styled for comfort and your convenience; include air-conditioning, ceiling fans, refrigerators, flat-panel TV, FREE Wi-Fi access and your very own private balcony where you can sit out and enjoy Cairns tropical climate. We also certainly take your health and wellbeing seriously; bedroom mattresses and pillows prior to your arrival have been naturally sanitized using the 'Sleep Easy' revolutionary cleaning system. Property features include two swimming pools, 24 hours manned reception, on-site car parking and Cairns favourite char-grill restaurant (Steak on Lake) open daily for breakfast & dinner. Excellent location: the Cairns Queenslander is ideally situated only a short stroll to the North Esplanade parklands, from there you can enjoy a pleasurable walk along the Esplanade walking track (enormous variety of native birdlife, including wild pelicans & lorikeets can be seen daily) towards the lagoon swimming pool and heart of the city. Our friendly staff look forward to welcoming you. Enjoy Your Stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Cairns Queenslander Hotel and Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cairns Queenslander Apartments Hotel Cairns
- Queenslander Hotel Cairns
- Cairns Queenslander Hotel