“Overnight stop” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #77 of 89 Speciality Lodging in Cairns
Brisbane, Australia
“Overnight stop”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

The Bohemia Resort is a little out of the way from the main part of Cairns if you wanted to walk. We had been upgraded to the 3 bedroom apartment which was great, its roomy and has everything you needed. The negative is that its near the carpark which seemed to be where everyone wanted to have there arguments are just general chatter from early evening( which is fine) to about 2am in the morning. We also had to park our car on the street as no designated parks. Not sure if other rooms would be any quieter as this seems to be for mainly backpackers so because of this I would stay somewhere else. Continental breakfast included cereal, 2 pcs toast, coffee and juice ( not real) but make sure you are down near the pool before 8.45am or you miss out. ( He is also not the happiest person) . The reception staff on Friday very helpful and friendly overall this would be the perfect spot for young backpackers to hang out.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Korean first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

We were looking for a no frills hotel and found it as part of an airline package. Keep in mind we were not looking to do anything but sleep, shower, and use the facilities while we stayed in Cairns. This hotel fit the bill, cheaper than our rental car, and cleaner too. It was our first time staying in a dorm style (shared bathroom) hotel. This wasn't a bad experience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

My sister and I stayed in a twin room with an en suite for 3 nights. The room and bathroom were a nice size and very clean and comfortable. The only thing which puts me off staying here again is despite the many signs and statement on the website, the 'on-site restaurant' was not open on any of the days or nights that we stayed. Other than that, was a lovely place to stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Alveston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

This hotel was selected because our son and his family stayed there 9 years ago.
It has changed hands over the last 4 years or so and many trees have grown to hide the buildings.
our room was sufficient for our needs, serviced on a daily basis and well stocked with tea and coffee. Cairns is a hot and humid place even in late autumn early winter, but we were able to keep fairly cool by using the ceiling fan and opening the inner glass door. breakfast was supplied and was adequate, toast and jam, choice of cereal tea, coffee, juice and cold fresh water, all eaten by the swimming pool.
The hotel is 2 blocks from the Esplanade and just over 1.5 k from the harbour and many eating places, and a shortish walk to car and camper van hire depots.
We enjoyed our stay here

Room Tip: upper floors have enclosed balconies
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Stan G
Launceston, Tasmania, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on our last night of a very amazing holiday and just wanted somewhere cheap and not far from the airport. We got a lovely spacious room with a king size bed lovely decor and modern feel. The pool etc looked great but we didn't get time to check it out. Light Breaky was included which was nice and easy before we headed off to the airport in the morning. Staff were lovely and everything was easy! Great place!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Nice place, pleasant staff. Could use some updating, and I agree the pictures on the website are not what the rooms look like, but a good place non the less.
I stayed in a double room on the bottom floor, my room was clean and tidy, however, the TV was absolutely tiny, literally the smallest I have ever seen in my entire life. When I went they had no wifi so I had to pay for internet which was too expensive.
The bathroom was clean but I used some domestos spray on it anyway, just to be sure!
The bedding was ok, clean and I couldn't see any stains. I sprayed the bed down too before I got in and I didn't experience any bites.
There were a few break ins whilst I was there, but people were sleeping with their doors open, so you've got to expect that if your not going to lock up!

Room Tip: Choose one with an ensuite
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Hamilton, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

Bohemia Resort is a bit of a walk north of the cbd, but well within walking distance. There are buses along Sheridan St frequently if you have heavy bags of fruit you got at Rustys Market. Most of the tours leaving Cairns will pick you up. Best thing about it is that it is quiet, so I had a good night's sleep every night I was here. It's not flash or upmarket, but good value and my room had everything I needed. Staff are friendly and helpful.

I didn't have any meals here, and breakfast was minimal. Don't like my tea out of a polystyrene beaker. Didn't waste my time after the first morning. You can get very good organic Musli and fresh tropical fruits on corner of James and McLeod streets. There are shared kitchen facilities. There are lots of takeaway places within easy walking distance for dinner.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo