“Very nice place with great staff!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dreamtime Travellers Rest

Dreamtime Travellers Rest
The Netherlands
“Very nice place with great staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Clean, big, great wifi (free), helpful staff, walking distance to centre.
The only negative point if I really have to say one are the worn out pots and pans in the kitchen so not the best place to cook yourself.
For sure recommended and I would stay here again when in Cairns.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
stevedouglas04, Owner at Dreamtime Travellers Rest, responded to this review, 19 October 2014
Hi lucas
thanks for your feed back of Dreamtime in Cairns we how have many new pots and pans. catch ya later safe travels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

My first hostel in Australia & am hoping that all future ones are as fantastic. Great hostel, laid back vibe, friendly & knowledgeable team. Slightly off the main drag, a 10 minute walk to the Esplanade & Lagoon but made for a good nights sleep. Would definitely stay again

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Hi Jane , Thanks for your review , wow your first hostel in Australia glan you thought we where fantastic ! the dreamtime team Cairns
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

A lovely clean and character filled hostel with very friendly staff. We had a double room which was perfectly adequate and also had a fridge and fan. Great food and beers in the green ant down the street! Highly recommended for quieter, chilled out hostel accommodation in Cairns.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dara219
Hi ,
Dara thanks for your review of Dreamtime Hostel its good to know that you enjoyed the Dreamtime character . safe travels
Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

This was the first hostel I'd stayed in in Australia and I would heartily recommend it. Clean, relaxed atmosphere, incredibly helpful and friendly staff who sorted out all the trips/activities I wanted to do, free tea/coffee in morning/evening (during reception hours) and free wifi, although I could never get it to work (I have a Samsung mobile but I think iPhone users had more success). I had an upstairs room (3-bed) which I liked - comfy bed, hooks on back of door, mirror, adequate plug points, otherwise basic but that's what you'd expect for hostel price - and I liked being slightly away from the city centre, as I'm not a party animal. It was a short pleasant walk from the Esplanade, through all the main shopping area, and was just across the road from a large shopping centre with supermarket (open 0800-2100), food outlets, banks and every other convenience. Also very close to station if you fancy the scenic railway to Kuranda (I'd recommend it, with the return journey on Skyrail even more spectacular. Kuranda itself is nothing to write home about - a large collection of touristy market stalls, fun to browse - but I loved the hour-long river trip where I saw more crocs than on Daintree boat trip). There were all sorts of people staying - long- and short-term travellers, older couples, and several international academics attending a conservation conference, eminent scientists in their field - so that made for an interesting environment. The only negative (minimal in comparison to the positives) was the lack of hot water in the nearest shower to my room, but there were plenty of other showers available. If I ever return to Cairns, I'll definitely return to this hostel.

Room Tip: I stayed in a 3-bed dorm (Room 22) on the upper level which was spacious and had a verandah just out...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Hi Dreamtime first timer
thanks for your review it really helps other travellers make an informative decision on where to stay. glad you had a good experience
Warmond, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

One of the best hostels I have stayed in throughout my stay in Australia. De vibe is real good and its a good place to just hang out and meet people. I stayed in a three bed doorm which was nice, the rooms look nice and the beds are good. The staff is helpful and they make you feel at home. The upstairs kitchen is a nice place to cook your dinner. Next to that you have free WiFi and you can make tea and coffee as much as you want!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
      Location
Hi Jimzwet,
Thanks for a great review of Dreamtime Hostel sorry its taken us a while to get back to you but its been really busy up here see you again some time .
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

This was the first hostel we'd stayed in and Dreamtime was a great hostel to start with, the good reviews lived up to expectations.
We stayed in a double room which was upstairs at the back and we shared bathroom & kitchen facilities which were always very clean and communal areas get cleaned every day. We also had our own fridge! The only downside to our room was the tiniest of ants appeared around sticky drinks & sugar in our room so I would advise to keep most things in the kitchen.
The staff were friendly from arrival and very helpful with information and booking tours. We took part in the Aussie BBQ and quiz night which was a great way to get to know other travellers.
I would recommend this hostel as it has a great atmosphere and there are many chilled out areas too, there were also families staying there with children over short periods of time which shows just how good and friendly this hostel is.
Also there is free wifi and free tea and coffee throughout the day. I can't stop singing this hostel's praises!
We would definitely stay at Dreamtime again if we went back to Cairns.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
Hi Laura ,
wow another first timer , thanks for your review of our Hostel glad we lived up to your exceptions see you again safe travels. the dream time team.
North Battleford, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

The staff were very helpful answering any questions and booking tours. Immediately on arrival I was asked what I wanted to do and Chris took care of it all. A great atmosphere and great accommodations. Great common area to interact with others.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
Hi Clyder,
Thanks for your review of Dreamtime Hostel an "Excellent choice" we are glad you think so, Happy travels