“You get what you pay for”

Njoy! Travellers Resort
Ranked #10 of 85 Speciality Lodging in Cairns
Bucks
“You get what you pay for”
Reviewed 17 March 2010

I needed a hostel for xmas and new year and Njoy was the cheapest although when I turned up they try to charge me the holiday rates despite booking the room back in July luckily I got it for the original amount.

Rooms are ok, but they are not cleaned regularly - I was there 9 days and the basin area and bin were never emptoed despite other people in the room coming and going. They kept putting only German speaking people in my room which meant I felt pretty alone, I didnt find the guests at the hostel that friendly but that might be Cairns in general (in my opinion the worst city in Australia!)

Kitchen is not very clean and not much space for food especially as people kept sticking all their goon cartons and packs of 24 beer bottles in there!

Staff were ok, Nathan was quite friendly but the girl working there wasnt! The icing on the cake was when they said I could not have my free airport shuttle on news years day (they only told me the day before despite knowing before I arrived on the 23rd) as they would all be hungover so i had to book with another company - I only went back to Njoy for the free shuttle wish I had gone somewhere else - they were running it xmas day so why not new year day!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 14 January 2010

If you are looking for a place to sleep at an affordable price, try NJoy! It's located within walking distance to Cairns Central, car rentals, and so on. If you are there during summer, watch out as the air-cond (in our room) wasn't really working.

Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends
Durban, South Africa
Reviewed 8 February 2009

This lovely hostel is brilliant!!!
Its chilled out and mellow vibe had me relaxed as soon as i entered the door.
The staff are amazingly friendly and know so much about where to go and what to do in cairns!!!!
I felt at ease as soon as they helped me book my first tour. I went rafting and it was extreme!!!! Just as Glenn had said on the desk!!!!!!!!
The nightlife is awesome and the staff know how to have a good time and get the guests involved too!!!!!
Wish i could have stayed abit longer!!!!!!
Thanks Peanut and Em!!! You guys rocked!!!!

• Liked — The rooms were so clean and spacious
  • Disliked — Would have liked to have seen a bar here, but still Njoyed it!!!!!
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Travellers also viewed these Cairns hotels
Coral Tree Inn
#3 of 64 in Cairns
The Northern Greenhouse
Gilligans Backpackers Hotel & Resort
Calypso Inn Backpackers Resort

Been to Njoy! Travellers Resort? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Njoy! Travellers Resort

Property: Njoy! Travellers Resort
Address: 141 Sheridan St, Cairns, Queensland 4870, Australia (Formerly Inn The Tropics)
Region: Australia > Queensland > Cairns Region > Cairns
Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
Ranked #10 of 85 Speciality Lodging in Cairns
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Njoy! Travellers Resort 2.5*
From the moment you arrive in Cairns our smiling staff are here to make sure your Australian trip is the best it can be. From free WIFI, free airport pick up and drop-off to shouting you a free dinner in town, our Njoy! Crew are here for you!We also offer a free tour booking service so you can easily explore the worlds oldest rainforest, snorkel the famous Great Barrier Reef or take a bungy jump over cascading waterways. Complimentary tour pick-ups and drop-offs right from our front door make it all too easy.When you want to just chill, Njoy! Is your home-away-from-home. Lounge around our lush lagoon-style pool, refresh with a drink in our palm-fringed sunny outdoor area or take on fellow travelers at a game of pool. We also have a free movie every night!You'll never go hungry with us either, every night we shout you a free discount meal card at the Woolshed pub, a legendary backpacker bar. For do-it-yourself meals, our fully equipped kitchen or outdoor BBQ area are there for you to use.Check in at Njoy! And you'll sleep sound in air-conditioned dorm rooms with 24 hour WiFi, some equipped with your own fridge, sink, and ensuite. We even make your bed for you on your first night! Some of our private ensuite rooms also have their own television and tea and coffee making facilities.Come and Njoy! Cairns brightest backpackers!Live, laugh and relax! NJOY! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Njoy! Travellers Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.