“Basic hostel, not bad, not great”

Njoy! Travellers Resort
Ranked #11 of 85 Speciality Lodging in Cairns
Norway
“Basic hostel, not bad, not great”
Reviewed 6 May 2010

Location: Located along on of the main roads, pretty busy. Walking distance to the nicer parts of the centre, but not in the middle of it. We found the location to be OK, very close to the airport (which is probably why they offer free shuttle)

Rooms: Sort of feels like a prison cell, very basic. The size of the rooms are fine though, not crammed at all. Refrigerator, TV and a sink in the room.

Bathrooms: Shared bathrooms on each floor, they were perfectly OK. Nice hot showers.

Staff: Some were a bit rude, but we didn't really deal with them that much. Not an issue really.

They have a common kitchen area, which was OK, but not the cleanest place. Also, it's pretty much outside, so birds were flying in and out. Also we were bitten by tons of mosquitoes while eating.

Wouldn't mind staying there again for a couple of nights, but if you want a cosy place to hang out I wouldn't choose this hostel.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Bucks
Reviewed 17 March 2010

I needed a hostel for xmas and new year and Njoy was the cheapest although when I turned up they try to charge me the holiday rates despite booking the room back in July luckily I got it for the original amount.

Rooms are ok, but they are not cleaned regularly - I was there 9 days and the basin area and bin were never emptoed despite other people in the room coming and going. They kept putting only German speaking people in my room which meant I felt pretty alone, I didnt find the guests at the hostel that friendly but that might be Cairns in general (in my opinion the worst city in Australia!)

Kitchen is not very clean and not much space for food especially as people kept sticking all their goon cartons and packs of 24 beer bottles in there!

Staff were ok, Nathan was quite friendly but the girl working there wasnt! The icing on the cake was when they said I could not have my free airport shuttle on news years day (they only told me the day before despite knowing before I arrived on the 23rd) as they would all be hungover so i had to book with another company - I only went back to Njoy for the free shuttle wish I had gone somewhere else - they were running it xmas day so why not new year day!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 14 January 2010

If you are looking for a place to sleep at an affordable price, try NJoy! It's located within walking distance to Cairns Central, car rentals, and so on. If you are there during summer, watch out as the air-cond (in our room) wasn't really working.

Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends
Durban, South Africa
Reviewed 8 February 2009

This lovely hostel is brilliant!!!
Its chilled out and mellow vibe had me relaxed as soon as i entered the door.
The staff are amazingly friendly and know so much about where to go and what to do in cairns!!!!
I felt at ease as soon as they helped me book my first tour. I went rafting and it was extreme!!!! Just as Glenn had said on the desk!!!!!!!!
The nightlife is awesome and the staff know how to have a good time and get the guests involved too!!!!!
Wish i could have stayed abit longer!!!!!!
Thanks Peanut and Em!!! You guys rocked!!!!

• Liked — The rooms were so clean and spacious
  • Disliked — Would have liked to have seen a bar here, but still Njoyed it!!!!!
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)