“Perfect”

Tropic Days Backpackers
Torquay, United Kingdom
“Perfect”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here for a week and it was absolutely brilliant.

The two receptionists, Kerri and Marco, were always friendly, polite and helpful. All the other staff were very friendly and chatty.

The only negative thing about this hostel was the location. It's a good 20 min walk from town and when you're laden with shopping bags it isn't fun. They do run a shuttle bus, but we found it wasn't frequent enough.

This hostel is absolutely SPOTLESS, you could eat your dinner off the floor! It's very quiet and chilled, amazing atmosphere, free wifi, free tea...I'd be here for hours if I kept going. This place is absolutely amazing!!

We will be staying at their sister hostel the next few days as it's closer to town.

Thank you for having us, it was an absolute pleasuring staying at Tropic Days.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This was one of the best hostels we stayed in on our round the world trip, all the facilities are as you would expect but the big difference were the kind and helpful attitude of all the staff who work there

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 5 days in a private double room.

The lady who checked us in was extremely helpful and friendly which really made us feel welcome. We later booked a diving trip through her which was made easy. We also needed to print some travel documents and she kindly gave us her email address so she could print them off for us for no cost. Great service!

Our room was lovely with its own fridge which was handy! The room was very clean which was a change from some hostels we have stayed in!

The kitchen was well equipped with everything you could possibly need, and again kept clean. Free tea and coffee which was a nice touch!

The outside area was really nice and relaxing, such a nice hostel, and I think it is a good thing to be out of Cairns centre as it was quiet and tranquil. The regular free shuttle bus was excellent, and worked out well for us and what we had planned.

If you are planning a trip to Cairns you should definitely stay here!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Myself and a friend have been staying here for 10 days, it is by far one of the nicest and friendliest hostels we have stayed in on the east coast. Great clean facility's and the perfect place to end our east coast trip. Amazing BBQ night and pizza night where you can meet a lot of people, perfect if your traveling by yourself. Couldn't ask for better staff. Don't let the distance from cairns Central put you off it's a easy walk or a free shuttle bus, which is extremely helpful. Would recommend it to any traveller who is looking for a chilled friendly place to stay.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Travelgirl0510
Almelo, The Netherlands
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I didn’t stayed here, but the 1 nigth I stayed here I forgot, after checkout, my flight bag. Five days later I emailed them and ask them if they had found my flight back and if it was possible to keep my flight bag till I was coming back 1 month later. This wasn’t a problem. One month became 3 months and also this wasn’t a problem. One week before heading back to Cairns I asked them if it was possible to bring my flight bag to Travellers Oasis (same company), so I could pick up my flight bag over there. I asked for this, because I booked my stay over there. This wasn’t a problem and on the day when I arrived at travellers oasis the manager gave me my flight bag back. It was still in the same condition (perfect) as when I left it over there. For these 3 months we only held contact by emailing. After every sent email, they gave me a quick and adequate respons back!

I am really grateful for this! Thanks guys!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Amigoe1
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The hostel and its staff are amazing. Staff are very friendly and helpful especially if you want advice on trips and tours. The rooms are nice, clean and comfortable. Provided with clean bedding and towels, a safe and more than enough power outlets. The BBQ and pizza nights are good value for money, well organised and a nice chance to meet other people. Kitchens and bathrooms are cleaned regularly as is the whole hostel. The outside space is lovely with the hammocks, pool, pool table and under cover area so you can enjoy being outside during the frequent showers. The added extras such as the bus to/from town and the wifi are great. The atmosphere was lovely, it was a refreshing change to be able to meet people, socialise, have fun and still be able to sleep at night. The hostel asks guests to be quiet after 10pm but its generally quiet a lot earlier.
Tropic Days is a lovely place to stay, that will make you feel at home. Great job guys - Thanks for having us.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Tropic Days is a good hostel. It is a 30-40 minute into town which is a downside however, we were here for 3 nights with 2 tours so weren't really into town much anyway!

Our room had a double bed and a single, tv, fridge, wifi, fan, optional aircon for $3.The beds were clean and very comfy. Kitchen doesn't open until 7am which would be better earlier as we were always eating breakfast before that! Fresh bread available every morning is a nice touch. Staff were always friendly. Shuttle bus service was useful. No late night noise.

For 2 of the nights there were people sleeping on beds in the tv rooms, this was off putting for using the kettle in the kitchenette next to them at 6:30am as didn't want to wake them up! Not sure why they were there, unless it was campers who had been caught in the torrential rain we had... slightly offputting though.

Taxi to the greyhound bus stop costs $12 which was ordered for us by the hostel staff.

Overall, would probably stay here again for the beds alone!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends