Coral Towers Holiday Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Reef Palms(Cairns)
Oasis Inn(Cairns)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe penthouseapartment was spaciousan older buildingbooked tripsflight pathwrap around balconywasher and dryerhome basefull kitchenclose to the airportlagoon poolevery morningsmall poola great stayconvenient locationair constayed here for nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 July 2013

2b apartment was nice, big and clean, had everything we needed.
we enjoyed the sea view from our balcony!
spa & pool made kids very busy & happy
30 min promenade walk to the city center -on the way kids enjoyed Muddy's playground and big swimming pool in the city
very friendly and helpful staff!
Thank you Sandy!
the trip booked to Kuranda with the tour desk was fantastic! We followed Sandy's advice about the boat trip and beautiful homemade ice-cream. Skyrail is just beautiful!! all these made our rainforest adventure unforgettable!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
CoralTowers, Manager at Coral Towers Holiday Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2013

Hello Anna,
Thank you for your comments and rating for our complex. As you know we take great pride in our apartments and always try to help all of our guests enjoy their time and holiday with us.
See you next time you are in Cairns.
Regards

Reviewed 11 July 2013

These apartments were exactly what my family needed for our stay in Cairns. The 2 bedroom apartment was spacious enough that there was enough room for my husband and I and our 11 and 13 year old. The kitchen was well supplied which was perfect since we saved so much money by cooking our own meals and packing picnic lunches for our trips out. It is far enough away from the hustle and bustle of central Cairns but still close enough to walk to everything (it took us 20mins to walk our shopping back). One of the best features is Sandy at Reception and her friendly and helpful attitude and her extremely valuable local knowledge. Even though we usually stay at Hilton and other 5 star accommodation, the Coral Towers was perfect for this 11 night stay as it gave us an affordable home base to rest and relax in between all our expeditions of what Cairns has to offer. Oh and the beautiful view from our balcony was just a bonus!!

• Stayed: June 2013
CoralTowers, Manager at Coral Towers Holiday Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2013

Hello Michelle and Craig,
Thank you for your wonderful comments for Coral Towers and so very please that you enjoyed your time with us. We do try to make all of our guests stays 'great' and I like to give as much help and local knowledge that I can , to everyone.
See you next time you are holidays up this way.
Regards,

Reviewed 9 July 2013

First, before you book here, know what you're booking. This is not a hotel. Instead they are self-contained apartments. It wasn't until I arrived that I realized the difference between self-contained and serviced. Self-contained was more like a US condo. This meant that we didn't get fresh towels daily and that we were responsible for taking out garbage and such. Not a big deal, but not what I expected either.

Next, be aware that it seems the condition of the units varies a bit from one to another. My relatives were in a "Deluxe" unit and it was somewhat more attractive though I didn't take a close look at it.

Also, I suspect that what has been said about the staff is true -- my family spoke with them and found them friendly and helpful. I didn't interact with them at all, mostly because I was so upset with the condition of our unit, I was fairly sure I wouldn't say anything nice. Ordinarily I would have spoken up, but in this circumstance my Mother - in - law was treating us and I couldn't risk appearing ungrateful.

We were in unit 19 for about 6 days in June / July. It was dirty. In particular the walls, baseboards & drapes were dirty. Also the lampshades all had notable dust and stains no the lampshades. It was also poorly maintained with peeling paint on the ceiling in the bathroom and laundry room and a doorknob that was difficult at best. The kitchen items didn't match at all and the toaster was filthy and sparked when I tried to use it. There were warnings about a $1,000 fine if the fire alarm was set off by accident. While I realize that they want to minimize alarms, it wasn't exactly welcoming. Neither were their book of rules, and the fact that you had to rent pool towels and buy beach towels.

Also, there isn't really lobby per se -- it's an entrance with a desk that is sort of "gated." I should say that while I did feel safe at all times, my initial thought was that I was in a bad neighborhood.

I actually liked the location OK -- but it was a very long walk to the center of things. I also didn't find the airplane noise bothersome. The view, particularly at sunrise & sunset was nice, but since one of our balcony chairs was cracked, we had to take turns sitting outside to enjoy it. Also, there was an incredible amount of clutter on the decks below us -- we wondered if people actually live in some of the units? Again, not what I was expecting at all.

Oh, and I've heard people complain about hard beds before and just thought they were whining, our bed (the queen) was not only hard, but since it didn't sit level it "rocked" and made noise each time one of us moved. I ended up sharing with the kids which completely defeated the purpose of a two bedroom unit!

I snapped some pictures and I think they do a great job of showing what I think was wrong. I would not, under any circumstances, return to this place.

Room Tip: I wouldn't stay here but if you do, ask for deluxe.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank xyz0406

We do not advertise to be a 'Hotel' and our website clearly states our facilities and our services that are available. This guest booked 1 x Deluxe Apt and 1 x Standard - and as we do advertise Penthouse ,Deluxe and Standard Apts - all with different nightly rates- there is again clearly a reason as to by the rates vary. All apts will always have a certain amount of wear'n'tear, we have noted this guests concerns and have taken on board the issues.
The toaster has been replaced and if the guest had told us that it was 'sparking', we would have been able to attend to it while she was here. QFS set the call out/false alarm fee at $1000.00, we make our guests aware of the QFS guidelines and try to miminise the alarms by doing so. With regard to our Reception Area, we are not a 5 Star Holiday Inn, with a 'lobby - marble counters and 3+ staff working - 24/7". We have a Full Tour Desk and Front Reception Counter.
I can also assure the guest that 'The Esplanade' is definitely not a bad neighbourhood - as she would have seen for herself during her stay.
We offer "Pool Towels" for a rental of $3.00 per towel, for the guests entire stay - whether it be 2 days or 2 weeks. We do not 'Sell' beach towels.
We always do our best to look after all of our guests needs during their stay and attend to and fix any problems for them but we do need to be told about them first.
We do also hope that future guests will read all of our reviews and form their own opinions.

Reviewed 19 June 2013

We were very disappointed with what was told to us by phone in regards to view from our room, was told 100% view of the sea, only one Palm tree trunk. Perhaps 25%, lots of trees! The room was large but superficially given a look of cleanliness with modern look of bedding linen. Bathrooms were retiled over old tiles, old bath remained. Cleanliness was disgusting as the photos I took prove. Stayed in for the first day and my feet were pitch black from the floors, walls dirty, front door chipped, shades of different colors and marked, blinds had thick dust and yellow spots on them, some didn't work, washing machine filter had not been cleaned in a very long time. This was a renovated unit we were told! A long list of what we couldn't cook, sausages, chops, steak, bacon due to fear of setting off alarms. Told to use BBQ outside which was inaccessible for my husband in a wheelchair. Crokery was a mix of different bits and pieces as though they were from a secondhand place. Lift was filthy as was the carpark areas and public thoroughfare throughout the block of units. Entry into garage scrapped the bottom of the car because it was such a dramatic slope up and down. Carparks are very small, our car was damaged by someone elses car (no notice or apology), ground floor unit yards were full of clutter. The whole complex is in need of an overhaul of cleanliness and maintenance. On top of this the noise of the planes was loud. Balcony rail was very rocky. Despite this Sandy seemed very nice. Of course we will never stay here again! Booked on the internet with reassurance by phone and arrived too late after a long day of travelling with my husband in a wheelchair so it was too hard to find other accommodation at the time or else we wouldn't have stayed!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jenny M
CoralTowers, Manager at Coral Towers Holiday Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2013

This booking was made direct with reception, not via internet. The guest was also given our Low Season Special - $149.00p/n - for her entire stay, even though 3/4 of her stay was during the High Season Rates. Guest was shown 3 apts on arrival on upper levels - more views and she selected 1st level. Bathrooms are completely renovated - not tiled over- you are wrong. Marks on walls etc are purely wear'n'tear, guests scraping suitcases do not help. The photo of the 'dirty black foot' is clearly questionable, as all of our apts are always cleaned in the same manner and we have never had this'issue' before - ever.
Cooking, guests are advised of QFS false alarms pentilies, which we try to minimise this by advising guests to make use of the BBQ facilities - which many do. The guests was never told at any stage that they had to 'eat' out by the BBQ. Car parks are standard size. The guest did not inform us that her car had 'been damaged'. I saw this guest on a regular basis and never did she mention any issue with her stay nor the apt. Plane 'noise' we are on the Esplanade and like all other Complexes along the Esplanade, we have no controll over the 'flight paths'.
We are not a 5Star Complex and do not advertise to be - we always do our best to accommodate all of our guests needs and it is very disappointing when guests have go on sites like TripAdvisor to complain but they do not raise any issues during their stay directly to us.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

We had a beautiful view from our room . The staff are super friendly and so so helpful - a little far from the restaurants but easy enough to stroll down the boardwalk or call a taxi which always arrived within 5 mins !

• Stayed: May 2013
CoralTowers, Manager at Coral Towers Holiday Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Thank you for your review and comments.
Yes, the views from the apartments are fantastic and we always try to accommodate all of our guests needs, whether is be just helping to decide on which trips to do or just calling a taxi for them. All are very important to us.

Regards