My husband and I stayed with our baby at the Bay Village Tropical Retreat for five days in summer 2011 after having travelled from Darwin to Alice Springs in a campervan. After three weeks in a campervan, the hotel was a real treat for us. The room had plenty of space. They actually gave us a free upgrade so that we had an additional room to use, which was excellent.
The hotel staff were exceptionally helpful and we enjoyed the buffet-style breakfast in the mornings. The pool was icecold though. I guess because it was winter and Australians do not seem to heat their pools, but that was the only downside as the pool area was very inviting.
Dinner at the Balinese restaurant in the hotel was very special as well. All in all, I can wholeheartedly recommend this hotel. It would be my first choice if I went to Cairns again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A boutique style hotel with a Balinese theme, nestled amongst lush tropical gardens. Centrally located with a short stroll to the Cairns esplanade. Guests will experience warm hospitality, with personal, friendly and attentive service. An onsite award winning licensed Balinese restaurant offering authentic Balinese cuisine with a tropical ambience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bay Village Tropical Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay Village Tropical Retreat Hotel Cairns
- Bay Village Tropical Retreat Cairns