A great place to stay if you don't mind a 20 minute stroll into town, which we didn't. Set back on a street parallel to the Esplanade means you're not too far from the town but far enough away for some peace and quiet.
Staff here were absoluely excellent, helpful from the airport pick up, to directions, to restaurant suggestions, towels, change, stamps and post cards, all bases were covered in a happy and friendly manner.
Whilst staying at the hotel there was a lot of rain but all the rooms have a small table and chairs outside them in shelter and it was very pleasant to sit out and read during the heavy downpours and appreciate the sound of the rain whilst remaining perfectly dry :-)
The other times when it was extremely hot and humid the hotel, whilst not huge, was a welcome place to be when returning from a day trip, the water always remaining quite cool and refreshing. In the evenings from around 6.30pm you are greeted by a small flock of birds that dart in and around at tremendous speed and then see the fruit bats taking to flight and heading out to feed all while relaxing in the pool.
The small apartment we had was very pleasant and clean having a seperate livingroom/ kitchenete and bedroom with ensuite. Ceiling fans and two air-conditioner units were very welcome with time of year we were there. Only downside is the noise from the arconditioning units strapped on the outside of the building at night which will affect light sleepers.
Very happy to have stayed here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A boutique style hotel with a Balinese theme, nestled amongst lush tropical gardens. Centrally located with a short stroll to the Cairns esplanade. Guests will experience warm hospitality, with personal, friendly and attentive service. An onsite award winning licensed Balinese restaurant offering authentic Balinese cuisine with a tropical ambience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Bay Village Tropical Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay Village Tropical Retreat Hotel Cairns
- Bay Village Tropical Retreat Cairns