I stayed at three hotels in the area. The Bay Village Tropical Retreat was the best. Other hotels were dumpy or extremely over priced.
The Bay Village Tropical Retreat had clean, spacious and comfortable rooms. The staff was friendly and helpful. Water, coffee and tea were provided with 5 hours of free wi-fi with my stay. The hotel is about a 15 minute walk from the Esplanade (if you don't have a car).
The Bay Leaf restaurant is adjacent to The Bay Village Tropical Retreat. It's one of the better restaurants in the area, which makes dinner plans at the restaurant very convenient.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A boutique style hotel with a Balinese theme, nestled amongst lush tropical gardens. Centrally located with a short stroll to the Cairns esplanade. Guests will experience warm hospitality, with personal, friendly and attentive service. An onsite award winning licensed Balinese restaurant offering authentic Balinese cuisine with a tropical ambience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Bay Village Tropical Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay Village Tropical Retreat Hotel Cairns
- Bay Village Tropical Retreat Cairns