I stayed at the hotel for night in a 2 bedroom apartment with my wife & 2 children, for one night; saturday 12th July 2014.
I found adequate in almost every way, fresh & clean.
Unfortunately, others wanting to stay here shouldn't expect a hot shower or bath.
The 2 bedroom unit includes 2 bathrooms, 1 of which includes a full sized bath, which was the main attraction for my wife.
On the night of our arrival, 1 of the children had a quick shower & my wife began running a bath. The bath would have been lucky to be 1 quarter full before the hot water ran out.
The following morning my wife contacted reception to enquire if this was normal, hoping to have her bath on the morning of checkout. Reception informed us that this was not normal & sent housekeeping (for some bizarre reason) to check out the problem, there was little they could do, so I decided to investigate myself. The electric hot water cylinder was located inside a cupboard off the main living area. On checking the capacity of the unit, I noticed that it was a small 80 litre unit, no where near sufficient for 4 people. As someone who works in building design I can profess that this hot water system is suitable for 1 person only, definitely not for a family. My hot water system at home is 250 litres. As it turns out, on checkout morning my wife & I had two very fast, world record pace showers & that was it for the hot water. No bath, no hot water for the kids. When checking out from the hotel we enquired about this, reception replied by saying "You need to have quick showers". Well, if my wife & I had showered any quicker we wouldn't have got wet, still not enough hot water for 4 people. I call this skimping to the extreme.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A boutique style hotel with a Balinese theme, nestled amongst lush tropical gardens. Centrally located with a short stroll to the Cairns esplanade. Guests will experience warm hospitality, with personal, friendly and attentive service. An onsite award winning licensed Balinese restaurant offering authentic Balinese cuisine with a tropical ambience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Bay Village Tropical Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay Village Tropical Retreat Hotel Cairns
- Bay Village Tropical Retreat Cairns