“Amazing drive up to Cape Tribulation”

Cape Trib Connections - Day Tours
Ranked #54 of 159 Tours in Cairns
Cairns, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Amazing drive up to Cape Tribulation”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Tour guide George was so amazing, had a tone of aboriginal stories to tell, very authentic with George taking the tour. Driving up was a fantastic view and even the rain forest walk, crocodile watching was cool, saw 2 babies and 2 adults! Last stop at Mossman gorge was crystal clear and beutiful. Total thumbs up for the crew I even had to go on the waterfall tour to the table ends with this company.

Visited April 2014

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Our guide George made an interesting day absolutely unforgettable.”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We had a great day from start to finish. George was extremely knowlegable and his stories of his ancestors and dreamtime made the journey fly by. His local knowledge was informative and interesting. It was a long day, packed to the hilt with stops and things to do, but one of highlights of our trip to tropical north Queensland. Thanks George. Will recommend Caype Trip Connections to everyone. :)

Visited April 2014
Brisbane, Australia
“Great Tour, Great Host”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Myself and 3 other uni friends went on the Cape Trib Connections Cape Trib Day tour. The tour was fantastic! I cannot rave enough. The tour guide created a great atmosphere by introducing everyone to each other as they hopped on board and always having a bit of a joke. What made the tour is the knowledge our fantastic tour guide George had about the land, and his connection to it really shone through. He also offered a great number of indigenous dream time stories that offered a really unique experience.

The Daintree river cruise was amazing! Again the tour guides abundance of knowledge of the area was a highlight. We also saw a lot of great sights and quite a few crocodiles which was amazing considering it certainly wasn't ideal conditions for crocodile spotting.

The booking company was brilliant and very helpful! we booked last minute and they were more then happy to pull strings for us as required to get us on board.

I had an amazing time and met quite a few great people that I will continue to stay in touch with. I recommend this tour most of all to younger travelers because it is a big day however I also think it is more then appropriate for families.

Keep up the good work!

Wanaka, New Zealand
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“great tour!”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Peter was an amazing tour guide. He new his stuff without feeling like you was at school, however the guy who drove us back from cape trib a few days later (24.3.14) was over baring with information and was SO loud on bus it seemed like you couldnt get away. However the connections tour was great, took us to some ace places and on way up to cape trib got to do croc river cruise and was lucky enough to see several babies and one adult croc. would deffo recommend!!

Brisbane, Australia
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“So easy ...”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Booked in advance via the internet and got great assistance from Kyoko setting up my trip. The plan was to take the 2 day/1 night tour to Cape Trib, stay at the Cape Trib Beach House, go kayaking in the afternoon of our arrival at Cape Trib and then go with Ocean Safari's morning tour the following day to be in time to catch the return bus to Cairns. She confirmed my plan was achievable, booked me in at the Cape Trib Beach House and gave me a couple of good tips to help it all happen. Nice work Kyoko !! Thank you. (I should add I managed the bookings for the kayaking and reef trip myself and these were not included in the price of the Cape Trib Tour. Just to be clear.)

George was our driver up to Cape Trib (the pick up was bang on time) and what a mine of information he is – yes, he sure can talk ! There were 2 stops on the way up; the boat trip on the Daintree was interesting and we managed to see a couple of crocs on the river banks and a short walk in the rainforest along the boardwalk which was well done too. George dropped us off at Cape Trib on time with plenty of time to look around and have lunch (not included in the price of the overnight tour but is on the day tour) before the kayaking tour at 3.30pm.

The following day after the boat trip to the reef, it was Wylie who picked me up for the return trip to Cairns. Another interesting character (where do Cape Trib Connections find these people ?) with lots of local tid bits to pass on. The return journey included a quick stop for an ice cream ($6.50) and a visit to Mossman George on the way back to Cairns where we arrived on time.

A most enjoyable trip made easy by Kyoko, George and Wylie. Thanks guys.