“A hidden gem! Great quality steak” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #305 of 592 Restaurants in Cairns
Price range: US$13 - US$31
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Australian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Well the steak house has now been open for 4 months after it was closed for 12 months and the steaks are stunning and cooked to how you like there is a salad bare changed every two days the bar is fully stocked service with a smile and where under new managment
Perth, Australia
“A hidden gem! Great quality steak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

My partner and I both enjoy a good steak and this place delivered in quality and service!

A true localy run steak house with friendly welcoming staff and a laid back atmosphere. We wanted an aussie steak house experience and we finally found it here. You could even go up and view the cuts of meat to see what they looked like before you ordered.

Both our steaks came out cooked perfectly and the quality of the meat was the best we have had whilst travelling Australia, and the oysters we had for our starter from coffin bay were awesome!

We only wish we had enough room to have dessert too!

We will be back here for sure.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Rambler592

Cairns, Australia
“Over Rated”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

This "Iconic" Cairns steak house is well past it's use by date. As another reviewer noted it was always the place to go in Cairns for steak. Time to move on I'm afraid. Cant agree more with the last reviewer. We dined there on Friday 6th September with a group of 8 and it was without doubt overpriced and undercooked. Even the chicken was rare. The steaks, the service and the value are far better in many Cairns "local" pubs. We will give the Northerner a wide berth from now on, you've had your last chance.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Cairns
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If you want overpriced and undercooked, eat here.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

We dined here the other night, I ordered a medium steak which came out so rare I couldn't cut through it, after cutting into it my plate was covered in blood an when I asked the waitress to get it more cooked she didn't understand what I was saying. After finally getting another waitresses attention my partner and our guest had finished their meals by the time my steak came back out and by this stage it was overlooked and absolutely drowned in sauce. For a $40 meal I could have gone to the local pub for better value for money. Don't know what all the fuss is about although they didn't make me pay for my meal,( which was still in full on the table when we left) I still won't be returning. EVER.

• Visited August 2013
Cairns, Queensland, Australia
“Could have been better,”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

i did enjoy my meal here, and so did my family including the 7 year old, the wait and price was something that needs to be improved, brilliant staff and service though! salad bar could do with more variety and prices are very high, would expect bigger portions for what is given, yet overall i did enjoy my meal, and it was rich in flavour! may consider coming back in the future

• Visited June 2013
Cairns
“The service was outstanding”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

A very busy (and noisy) family restaurant serving above average steaks with salad and vege buffet. A real variety of people eating here - small groups of young adults, families with young children, older couples and mixed family groups. Everyone was having a good time and while the kids were noisy they were all well behaved and happy. The steaks were above average and the good thing was you could choose from five different cuts and three different sizes plus a variety of sauces. So plenty of steak choices and then a few specials like fillet mignon and pork chop (more like a mini roast the chop was so big). Be aware the big steaks are BIG, so ladies order the small and leave the men to the large portions. VERY impressed with the service - they were busy but kept us informed on wait times, the young lass looking after us treated us like family and we enjoyed her conversation. I noticed other diners being treated similarly by the owner behind the bar. Good night out :)

Visited July 2013