“Great eye fillet”

Ranked #325 of 612 Restaurants in Cairns
Price range: US$13 - US$32
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Well the steak house has now been open for 4 months after it was closed for 12 months and the steaks are stunning and cooked to how you like there is a salad bare changed every two days the bar is fully stocked service with a smile and where under new managment
PETALING JAYA
“Great eye fillet”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We visited this restaurant due to TA recommendations, which proved to be generally accurate.The laid-back atmosphere was just rih for a beach holiday, the salad bar was generous and delicious, and our server, Tegan Davies, was the perfect hostess. And, yes, my husband's eye fillet steak was awesome - the best we've ever tasted. However, I have to say that my steak, a thinner cut ( rib-eye, I think), was ordered as medium rare but came well done. We went back a few days later, and tried the pork chop. Sad to say, the crackle was not crunchy, though the meat was juicy and tasty. So, do go and eat there, and remember to order the eye fillet.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank vanessakoh

Dorset, United Kingdom
“Great Steak, great staff and what a Pork Chop!”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

After only being in Cairns for a day, we just casually called in after visiting Green Island and were warmly welcomed and had a water and beer as we checked out the menu.

The staff were great so we booked for the evening and service and food was excellent.

We therefore booked again for 2 days following and mad sure I booked the 'Pork Chop'. Again it was excellent, the staff were again very friendly and the Pork Chop was just great, including the Crackling!

A long way from the UK but keen to go back!

• Visited March 2014
Cairns, Australia
“Consistently Awesome”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I have been coming here on and off for the last four years. The owners are fantastic, lovely people who always greet us by name and I have yet to have a better steak anywhere. It can be noisy, it can be packed, but this is a very small price to pay for excellent service and excellent food. I have never had to wait for a meal, they often give complimentary port after a meal and I have never had a bad experience.

• Visited January 2014
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Yummy steak”
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Service was good, seated and drinks ordered promptly. Ordered steak which was well cooked and to my liking.
Others at the table had either chicken or steak meals and they enjoyed theirs also

Visited June 2013
“The most delicious steak ”
Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

My favorite restaurant has just streamlined their menu, still the same great service and definitely the best steak in town by far. From the garlic prawn entree to the eye fillet, cooked to perfection followed by the white chocolate fondant, such a fantastic dining experience. Thank you to Deb, Max and all the staff.