“yum yum...”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Melbourne, Australia
“yum yum...”
Reviewed 12 February 2013

i love cooking and eating thai food and iyara did not disappoint...

coconut n betel n shrimp entree... and soft shell crab ...very nicely presented

perfect fusion of flavours with balance to raise the taste sensation of thai food... faultless...

a nice surprise!

seat at the front on a balmy tropical night to enjoy the atmosphere...

• Visited February 2013

Hervey Bay, Australia
“Enjoyed the view more than the food”
Reviewed 9 February 2013

Location: Excellent - overlooking the esplanade (first floor - so above the street hustle)
Service: Adequate - staff kept checking to make sure we were happy
Seating: We sat on the balcony to enjoy the views but found that the other tables were a little too close - I don't enjoy hearing about the next tables days events!
Now for the food: whilst we enjoyed the food and not being a Thai expert found the food to be flavorsome although the portions were quite small.
Cost: a little too pricey for my liking.
Would we go again: probably not.

Visited January 2013
australia
“Worth a try”
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Last night my husband and 2 friends used our table 52 cards at Iyara. As I had read reviews on a few different sites, I was not sure what to expect, as some reviews were bad and some good. We were all very pleased with our meals. My husband and I shared the delicious oysters, and the prawns wrapped in rice paper. For mains, I had the soft shell crab, which was lovely and crunchy on the outside, and soft and tasty inside. The green apple salad that it was served on was delicious. My husband had the Lamb cutlets. Which was a very simple dish, but he thoroughly enjoyed. All dishes were presented beautifully.
The wine list had a good variety.
There appeared to be just one person working on the floor, and she was doing a very good job. As we were out to dinner with friends we had not seen for a few months, we were pleased to not be rushed in any way, but the one waitress, had her eye on everyone, and it was never difficult to catch her eye, if we required attention, plus she came regularly to top up our water etc.
This was a very good experience, and I would recommend it to all who enjoy interesting flavours.

• Visited January 2013
Cairo
“Terrific Thai”
Reviewed 5 January 2013

Fantastic food, excellent service, and the owner will personally supervise your choice if you're hesitant or have special requirements. Have enjoyed wonderful meals each time we've eaten there.

Visited August 2012
Cairns
“Don't bother with Group Bookings”
Reviewed 13 December 2012

We booked this venue about a week in advance for a Hens Part for 20 people or so. They did not have nearly enough staff to attend to us, and I think the manager had his kids working away for him. The meals took AGES to come out and they even forgot a couple of meals. They mixed up all the rice meals, so some of us got over charged. We would never know anyway because you cannot split the bill and it's CASH ONLY!!

The food was average as well, and it was pretty over priced for the amount you get served. Rice is an extra cost as well and we got no discount whatsoever for making a large booking.
The waiter, or manager or cook or whoever he was also was very unfriendly, and would just grunt when you asked where your rice was after waiting for it for 10 mins.

This place might be adequate if you are going as a couple or family, but I would not recommend it to anyone. There are nice tables on the verandah over looking the esplanade, which is a nice touch.

• Visited June 2012