“Thai food is always good, the winning point is its location!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of iyara by Sakare

iyara by Sakare
Ranked #63 of 592 Restaurants in Cairns
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, View, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Boston, Massachusetts
“Thai food is always good, the winning point is its location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

We decided to enjoy our dinner here on the second floor balcony looking out to the ocean.
Our decision was not wrong!

This most enjoyable feeling was the relaxing atmosphere: the lighting was appropriately warm, the breeze of fresh air from the ocean, which was unobstructed from our table, the street nocturnal activities can be fully appreciated, etc…

We love Thai food and we have Thai food often.
This restaurant was no exception. Its dishes were tasteful and well prepared.
My only comment would be on its portion. A little more would have been nice.

The service was OK.
We waited a bit before we got served.
But a surprise crept up on us at the time we paid: the bill was mistakenly increased. Obviously mistake could take place. But the reaction from our cashier was what made us believing that the incorrect “increase” wasn’t quite that accidental.
Well, maybe you can share your experience on this aspect.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Bowen, Queensland, Australia
“I want to go back to Cairns just to eat here again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

We ate here on a Sunday night. The balcony was a lovely setting to enjoy the meal. Our waiter was attentive and helpful. We were a party of 5 and requested the share plate entrée and one of us did not eat seafood( me). It was not a worry, a special request was offered to us, of making the betel leaf entrée without the seafood for me( still completely delicious), the curry puffs were chicken and I was presented with my very on chicken satay whilst the others enjoyed their prawn dish. VERY impressed!! Very delicious! Three platters with 5 tastes of each entrée were made especially for us. Our main meals were amazing. No one wanted to try a taste of each others dishes as each of our choices were so perfectly tasty we were all very happy to eat our own and not share a morsel!
You are missing an amazing dining experience if you don't decide to eat here!

Bingil Bay, Australia
“Keeps on getting better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

I originally had issues with the service here but recent visits have seen that problem ironed out. Service is now top-notch.
And the food just seems to get better with every visit. The caramalised pork hock was the star but the tofu (sweet and sour?) was also knock-out.
It's not a cheap option for a Thai but it now ranks as one of our top 3 restaurants in Cairns.

Visited May 2014
Cairns, Australia
“10 out of 10”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

Great food - fresh, modern twist, good portion size, full of flavor.
Great value
Fantastic friendly service
Relaxed ambiance with great view over the esplanade

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Beautiful food, great spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Between the 4 of us we shared some entrees (fish cakes, chicken satay n a lovely prawns wrapped in coconut n bedel leaf.

Our mains were just brilliant. My partner had the lamb cutlets n I had the slow cooked salmon. Oyr friends had the pad thai n the grilled chicken. We were all very impressed with the taste n quality of our food. My salmon was something that I had never experienced. By far the best seafood dish that I have had at a restaurant.

The service was lovely too. Our waiter was very friendly and I was impressed that he took our full order without writing anythin down.

Being gluten intolerant I am always a little hesitant in going out. This was not an issue here as just about everythin ws GF. In fact there was only about 4-6 thing that I couldnt have compared to normally only having 4-6 to choose from.

Visited April 2014