“Good food but bad service”
Review of Ibiza Beach Bar Cafe - CLOSED

Ibiza Beach Bar Cafe
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

We liked the menu and the staff seemed nice, they invited us (4 adults) in and we sat noticing we were the only customers.
The food came out prompting and was tasty but the customer service of the waiter was really bad. She kept coming up and asking if we were finished when clearly we were not. Given they had no customers i dont see why she needed to keep interrupting us. Then asked if we wanted the bill, at which point we decided not stay for dessert.
They need to hire experienced staff

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Myself and two friends chose here for breakfast, we had to grab our own menus when we sat down. When our order was finally taken I asked for a milkshake and was told 'cant do milkshakes this morning sorry it will take too long and we only have two people here'. I was horrified... if that was the case then maybe come up with a better excuse rather than it will take too long. A few minutes after our order was taken two young males sat down behind us and the chef came out personally to take there orders which was fine however there meal came out 10 minutes BEFORE ours. Two meals out of three were both wrong! My side of mushrooms were missing, my friend was given salmon and didn't ask for this. We all had eggs and on all of our plates was golden or maple syrup that was swirled all over. Our bread was soaked in the syrup... I couldn't eat this it's definitely not a good combination eggs and syrup. My friend ordered avocado salsa which was listed on the menu, her plate came out with a half avocado and no dip or sauce or anything... how is this a salsa?! It was the worst breakfast I have ever had, the most terrible service and they need to pick this up to continue the business! To top off our experience the waiter was taking our payment separately and we had to correct him on his counting as he told a higher amount of what it should have been. We didn't get one smile,no thank you, or no goodbye from this waiter! There was a younger waiter whom seemed to be very polite and knew what he was doing... maybe if we were served by him we would have a different opinion. Absolutely NOT coming back here and will be sharing this experience with all friends in Cairns.

1  Thank NicLouise
Reviewed 2 January 2014

This would have to be the WORST restaurant a group of mates and I have ever been too. The service was unhelpful, unorganised, rude and disgusting.
Three female kitchen staff were visible & eating food while preparing it with no gloves which looked like off a customers plate. The manager was also eating while taking plates out to tables. The bar staff were no good at serving or making drinks, we got served HALF a jug of water with dirty glasses & barely any ice in the jug. I ordered bruschetta & asked how many slices would there be, was told 2 good sized pieces yet 3 little pieces came out with barely any tomatoes or flavouring on them, disgusted for a $9 entrée. A calamari dish was served with barely any calamari, the lettuce in my Caesar Salad was days old & tasted it too. We all could not believe our eyes on what was happening around us. The till was half empty & they struggled with change leaving us stand at the counter for 10 extra minutes while they sorted out money between 4 different staff members with no apology for the inconvenience. we left very unhappy & also saw many other customers complaining while we were there too. Never again will we be back. EVER.

1  Thank Brooke A
Reviewed 1 January 2014

This has to be one of the worst restaurants I had ever been to. My friend's and I were looking for something interesting but tasty. This resturant however were far from it. The service was horrible. My friend ordered a margarita, first of all it came out AFTER the food due to the lack of organisation at the bar, second of all it had no alcohol in it.

The food was horrible and not appetising. As we were leaving I was given three dollars in twenty cent pieces.

Total chaos.

1  Thank verw2
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Before you read this, you may think that I am a very fussy person. However, I am a very tolerant person and used to work in cafes and restaurants so feel sympathetic to staff. It takes a lot for me to dislike something.

Went here for dinner on Sunday night. Service was very slow, and staff seemed chaotic - bar staff were serving food which meant that drinks weren't coming out fast enough. I shared the starter of salt and pepper squid with my partner. These probably came from some box from Costco which is not exaggeration.

I ordered some prawns for my main while my partner ordered some fried snapper. They served the snapper first, and I thought that my meal wouldn't be too far away. After a long time (at least 30 minutes since my partner's fish was served), I asked a different waiter on the status of my meal. It turns out that they had run out of prawns and the waiter serving us never informed me so I could choose a different dish - as a result, I didn't have a main / different choice (for which I'm glad in retrospect). I struggle to see how this situation could even be possible.

My partner's fish was barely edible. It was tough, chewy and very very salty. At least it was snapper. This also explains why I was happy that I never received my prawns in the end, as I would have felt obliged to eat them.

I also noticed that they had a specials board out the front. A happy group on the next table were ordering from this specials board. After the waiter had taken their order, he returned minutes later to inform them that the specials were no longer available as the board had been taken inside / removed at 8pm. This happened as the waiter was taking their order. I'm not sure about other people's expectations, but if I were the owner, I would allow them to order off the specials board.

To wrap it all up, when I asked for the bill, they forgot to bring it. I had to go to the register to ask to settle. I should have just walked out without paying.

I'm not sure whether restaurant has changed hands since others on here visited this restaurant. They certainly seemed to lack co-ordination in their processes.