“Authentic experience”

Add it.
China Palace Restaurant
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Went to the China Palace restaurant for lunch with some friends and had a wonderful experience. The meals came out fast and were generous servings. The fried rice was the best I've ever had since Hong Kong and the fresh live lobster was mouth watering. Will def be back soon

There are newer reviews for China Palace Restaurant

Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

I went with 2 friends on a Saturday night. Spring rolls were good and we ordered 2 mains and fried rice to share. Satay chicken was very nice and so was the Mongolian lamb.

Only critiques I have is that the mains came out way before the fried rice so we were eating cold food once the rice was out. And it is very very priced for Chinese food. I'll be shopping around and trying different Chinese next time.

Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

Me and my family was visit cairns last week. We went there cos a local tour lader recommend us. ( he is kind of friendship with owner) walk in there at 6.45 pm. Saturday night was 2 tables only. ( FUNNY BAD SMELL EVEN MY 7 YEARS old KIDS can MENTIONS TO ME). Other Chinese customers was questions about staff how they charge the bill so so Loud. Almost need call the police. I was going to walk out. But local tour leader say... Don't worry. Will be ok. So we stay and order. Local tour leader recommend all expensive dish. So call traditional dish. All looks like horrible. Looks Cold . ( FEELS LIKE COME FROM LEFT OVER FROM OTHERS TABLES. ) I told my family do not eat. And we pay the bill. Just we said to local tour leader . We don't like thats all. ( dont want to make him looks stupid). Bill was $ 268. With only 5 dishs. And steam rice. We did not question pay the bill and left. So I tell my experience to everyone.

4  Thank rolex238
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Unbelievable! Really bad experience. Over priced, food cooked terribly. Definitely will not revisit in the future.
Three words "Do not go".

1  Thank Babylon88
Reviewed 7 June 2013

As a Chinese person I like to try other Chinese cooking at different places. So visiting Cairns for the weekend we walked past at 615pm and was tempted by the girls out the front offering 15% discount if we seated before 630pm. On ordering san chow boi the sauce was over strong, sweet and thick with gravy. The main courses arrived followed by the missing entree! We were informed that there was no duck left and asked if I would accept chicken instead. The pork was very dry in the trio of meat dish and the bean curd dish and fried rice was bland. I was very dissapointed to pay too much for a very poor meal. I should have known not to go there as we were the first people in there. Said to say for a tourist town this resturant was poor. We will not be returning again.

1  Thank buddhah_au