“Very good food”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
“Very good food”
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

delicious traditional thai food whith typical meals, and so lovely staff... the place to be for eating thai in Cairns :)

Melbourne
“3 verging on a 4”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Having only had the one meal here I can't seriously provide a truly comprehensive review, rather just that of 2 courses, some rice and a beer.

To this end I had the Yellow Curry with chicken. Out of 10 I could only give the curry a 5 at best. It was thin, lacked spice and the chicken was chunky and a tad chewy. Far from what I had hoped.

My wife ordered a full Barramundi and she well and truly liked it. She gave it an 8 out of 10 claiming it to be tasty, lacking in smell and well deserving of her taste buds.

The rice was fairly gluggy and the Singha beer not quite cold enough.

However, when we arrived I couldn't help but notice the really lovely decor, the place definitely had a good feel to it. The people were nice (there was a total of 6 patrons in the time we were there on the Sunday evening), the crockery terrific.

Ultimately though it was let down by a poor dish. But as stated at the outset, I would need to try other dishes before providing a solid review.

• Visited November 2013
“Great thai food!!”
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

I got takeaway from cha ba thai spicy and it was very tasty and authentic. I got the beef massamum, phad thai and chicken panang. Every meal was really delicious and am looking forward to trying some of their other dishes next time I visit cairns. Highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
Cairns, Australia
“A surprise birthday indulgence”
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

I was given a surprise birthday by 7 of my closest friends at Cha ba tonight and the food wine champagne and service was exemplary and I was so appreciative of Patricia's ( the owner) hospitality. The entrees of curry puffs spring rolls money bags and fish cakes were all to the usual high standard and the fish choo Chee was just superb . I always feel like part of the family when dining here and tonight was no exception - Thankyou once again

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Steven E
Goonellabah, New South Wales, Australia
“Great night”
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

Friendly staff, quick service, tasty food. Group of 13 catered for easily. Spacious so not crowded for groups or couples.

Visited October 2013