“great day”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$110.36*
and up
Cape Tribulation, Mossman Gorge, and Daintree Rainforest Day Trip from Cairns...
Ranked #43 of 157 Tours in Cairns
More attraction details
Owner description: CAPE TRIBULATION Cape Tribulation, is famous as the place where the rainforest meets the reef, a wilderness area like no other. This pristine region is a wilderness dream of lush tropical rainforests, tropical white beaches, sleepy rivers and breathtaking natural beauty preserved by World Heritage listing for future generations. A haven for those wishing to pursue an alternative lifestyle, the freedom, untouched beauty and relaxing style of this region attracts nature lovers and backpackers seeking the perfect holiday escape. World Heritage reef and rainforest come together along this section of the northern coast - nowhere else are these two natural wonders side by aside and so accessible to travelers "Explorer this truly Magical Place" Active Tropics Explorer have been operating to Cape Tribulation since May 2000, and over the years have provided many highlights for travelers who have visited to our region.
Auckland, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great day”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I was on my own but thanks to Terry it was a very pleasant trip. got a lot of information and saw a lot in a short time, which was exactly why I chose this tour. We saw a dragon, crocs, a young cassowary and a few birds.

1 Thank Wendy19892014

Cairns, Australia
4 attraction reviews
“Learned a lot!”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Our pick-up was right on time so that started off really well. We started the day of with driving trough Port Douglas, were we got a lot of information from our tour guide. Then we drove to Mossman were you had the opportunity to buy yourself some breakfast. The prices at the restaurant were pretty decent. Then off to the first activity the crocodiles! We spotted quite a few crocodiles. From there we drove to the Daintree boardwalk were we learned a lot from our tour guide. I was amazed with how much he knew! We also got a really nice lunch at PK's as soon as we drove further north and got to spend 15 minutes at the Cape Tribulation beach. I wished we stayed their a bit longer instead of the swim at the mossman gorge later that day. I was a beautiful day and I saw everything I really wanted to see! The tour is easy to self-drive if you have your own car, but you wouldn't have all the information from the amazing tour guide! So I would definitely recommend this tour

Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Cape Tribulation/Daintree/Mossman Gorge day tour”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

A memorable day out packed with a wide range of experiences, from a cruise on the Daintree, to a rainforest boardwalk. Our tour leader, Terry, was informative, funny, and guided us with great skill throughout the day. We enjoyed a delicious lunch at PK's, a visit to the Daintree Ice Cream Company and a chance for photos at Mt Alexandra Lookout. Terry also conjured up three cassowaries before arriving at the Daintree ferry. He also managed to assist an ill passenger (me) with kindness and understanding. Finally we enjoyed an indigenous cultural experience at the Mossman Gorge Centre and were then shuttled to the Gorge, and able to enjoy it's pristine beauty. Thanks Terry, for a truly wonderful day. We highly recommend this trip.

1 Thank Graeme C
London, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Cape Trib/Daintree Rainforest”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

My friend and I did the two day Daintree Rainforest day trip with Active Tropics and it was amazing! We stayed at PK's Hostel (which I would also highly recommend if you're staying for the night). Our guide both days was Terry and he was awesome! Really funny and friendly, and knew SO much about the rainforest, we learned quite a bit from him. It was nice having someone so knowledgable about the area - he really knew what he was talking about. There was a good mix of commentary/jokes and some quiet time - he was great!! Definitely ask for him as your guide if you're going on this trip.

2 Thank Bailee23
“Daintree/Cape Tribulation/Mossmas Gorge”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This was a great day out, collected on time and a very full day. Our Tour Guide was Terry (Not Jerry or Berry !!!). Terry what an asset he is to the company, he was full of great information with the odd joke thrown in. The day kept moving at a good pace and there really was not a boring part to it. Food was good at the stops with a good choice. Bringing the parents to Cairns in a few months and will do the same tour with them, good value for money.

Visited June 2014