“Mantra cairns”
Review of Mantra Trilogy

Mantra Trilogy
Ranked #23 of 63 Hotels in Cairns
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Just love Mantra Hotels , staying at Mantra Trilogy cairns , great location ! Staff are really friendly, with a perfect view from our room that looks over the esplanade. surprisingly quiet considering its on the esplanade . With a perfect view ! Couldn't wake a better way.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Rupert H, Front Office Manager at Mantra Trilogy, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2014

Dear Sara R,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. We are glad you enjoyed stay with us.

The Views are stunning here. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Rupert & Team.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,043)

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stayed for a week at this hotel with our two small children in a dual key room. This presented more like a spacious apartment when the internal doors were left open, and we had the advantage of an extra bathroom!
The hotel staff was very pleasant and accommodating upon arrival, even calling us in our room shortly after check-in to see if we were happy with the accommodation. We knew when making our booking that it was not a serviced room but the hotel staff made it clear we could obtain more towels and room supplies as needed.
The rooms were very tidy and spacious and had a great city/ sea view of the esplanade. We were in tower 2 which meant we had direct access from the underground parking to the lift up to our room, or directly out to the esplanade without ever needing to pass through the reception lobby. The hotel does not offer wi-fi, however, from within our room we were able to connect to the free Cairns Community wi-fi signal.
This secure hotel is right in the heart of the esplanade precinct and a short stroll to the marina pool, supermarket and lots of cafes & restaurants. Despite its central location we were never disturbed by street noise or even by our hotel room neighbours. Sure there were a couple of stains on the carpet, but did they hamper our holiday experience? - no!
When returning to Cairns we will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Dual key room for extra space and amenities - efficient air-con, large LCD tvs, hair dryer, washer...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Cynna76
Rupert H, Front Office Manager at Mantra Trilogy, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Dear Cynna76,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. We are glad you enjoyed holiday with us.

Its great to hear that you found our staff pleasant and helpful. We hope that you enjoyed your holiday in Cairns.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Stayed for 9 nights and were given a front facing room with great view. Room was spacious and comfortable. Staff very helpful. Location is above some nice restaurants and the rest of central Cairns within easy walking distance.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear mar7har,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are happy to hear you are impressed with the proximity of our properties location to local
attractions and restaurants.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Mantra Trilogy again soon.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

The front desk staff was absolutely outstanding! They were helpful, friendly and went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable and had all the information we needed to carry out our tours. Unfortunately their help was needed a lot because they do not offer free internet in this hotel except at the single computer for guest use, but they do have a printer available for your use as well.

Comfort was lacking. The bed was not very comfortable as it was two twin beds pushed together that were very low quality to begin with. The blanket was basically a heavy rug that could have been pulled off the floor. Temperature control was good and the shower was nice. Daily servicing of the room is not included in the booking price. This building is a shared residential/hotel. We shared an entryway with an elderly couple that was constantly bothered by the noise caused by us opening and closing the door to our hotel room.

The location was perfect, just at the end of the main strip of shops and restaurants. Good view of the bay and mountains to the East where you can see a beautiful sunrise every day.

I booked through American Express Travel and the price was right.

Dive the Great Barrier Reef while you're in Cairns!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dan S

Dear Dan S,

It is great to hear that you found our staff outstanding! I am disappointed to hear that you were not happy with the standard of bed that you had. The apartments are currently scheduled for a refurbishment in November.

Rupert & Team

Reviewed 12 August 2014

It is UNBELIEVABLE that this hotel is rated as high as it is. We are a family of 5 and had adjoining rooms for four nights, each with a king bed. First, we were overwhelmed by the terrible smell of mildew and uncleanliness (one day it smelled of urine) when we walked into the rooms, AND we were dismayed by the extremely dirty carpets and sofas, the dirt and grime on the doors and walls, plus cracks in the wall plaster. First thing we did was take some disinfectant wipes we had brought along and washed every door handle we might touch - the rooms should have been clean enough so that we should NOT have felt a need to do this! There being 3 adult-size children in our group, we had one roll-away bed ordered, which was not in our room when we arrived. Where to put it caused a problem - we parents had to give up the main rooms to our children, as there was no space for a roll-away bed in the adjoining second room (both bedrooms were very small and crowded). The hotel employee who delivered the bed, knowing that the roll-away would not be comfortable, took the curiously heavy bedspread from the main bed, folded it up, and put it underneath the mattress in order to make it more bearable to sleep on - it helped only a little. The shower doors in both showers do not seal correctly, so water ran out onto the floor every time someone took a shower. There was a light out in our bathroom. Neither of the safes in the rooms worked. There is this very strange long glass window providing a clear view from the master bedroom into the bathroom, and the only thing we could think of to do was to prop two cushions from the couch against the window to provide privacy in that bathroom. Who ever heard of a hotel with daily maid service ONLY IF YOU PAY EXTRA FOR IT?!!! The towels just piled up and piled up over the 4 nights we stayed there - the front desk did give them out freely if you asked for more. What a mess. Positives? Um...it was nice to have a washer and dryer for our use, and the hotel is convenient to the esplanade and the shops and eateries. That's about it. Will never stay here again and would not recommend to ANYONE!

Room Tip: Stay in a different hotel if you want a good room!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank BSF20142014

Dear BSF20142014,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I regret the
shortcomings in service you have reported from housekeeping and our Executive Housekeeper
will certainly address this with her Team Members. This is not up to our usual standard and I
apologize for any disappointment you experienced during your stay.

The hotel does have a carpet cleaning program in place at all times rotating between the three towers. Some carpets are slightly stained but I can guarantee their cleanliness.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your feedback in further detail. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly via the hotel.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Just spent the last 2 nights here on business in Cairns,this would be my 3rd stay here.
Had trouble booking in as they wanted to bill me direct instead of my corporate travel agent although they had all the info.Ended up ring my agent to sort it out as I couldn't understand a word the receptionist was saying.
Had room11 on the 7th floor in tower 2, the carpets are pretty stained big brown stain and others in front of the desk, had a shower and the mixer tap for the shower came off and fell on the floor in the middle of it, had to try and get it back on under the hot water to turn the shower off.
Foyer tiles in lift area and the lift are all cracked.
Needs a bit of money spent on it.
The rooms are small, not really enough room to pull the desk chair out between the bed if you want to to do. Some computer work.
Put a drink in the fridge for later, found out it wasn't cold, fridge was turned off. I turned it on And found out why, you couldn't sleep with the noise from it of a night.
But all that aside it's a great location, walk out the front door and you are right on The Esplanade.
Will. Consider other hotels on my next trip for work, think we could do better for the money.
Finally went to sleep only to have someone come home next door,slam doors hard enough to wake me and then have the tv blaring through the wall behind my head.

Room Tip: All the same
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Rupert H, Front Office Manager at Mantra Trilogy, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Dear Karenandian2013,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I am sorry you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay.

I apologize that you had trouble booking in, I can guarantee you that this is not the norm. Generally our staff are attentive to all our guests needs & efficient.

The apartments are currently scheduled for a refurbishment in early November. There is no excuse for the shower mixer falling off during your shower. I have passed these details onto our Maintenance Manager who has since repaired the issues.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I stayed at Mantra Trilogy for a conference in Cairns last week and was extremely disappointed. For a room charge of more than 240 AUD the hotel did not even offer room service, breakfast or free Wifi. For 5 days, nobody made my bed, changed the towels or took the rubbish out. When I first arrived, my room wasn't ready. When I got to my room after a long wait, there were no coat hangers in the wardrobe and the alarm clock didn't work. It was not possible to ring my colleagues in other rooms directly, either. I asked reception for a 5.30am wakeup call the next morning. Luckily, the alarm on my mobile phone was loud enough to wake me up because the call didn't happen. When I told reception, they explained that their automated system does not always work! Staying at Mantra Trilogy is like being a guest at Faulty Towers. Lousy service but the staff remained friendly and it is obviously not their fault. You are better off staying at a motel for half the price.

Room Tip: Facing the sea, although it is a bit noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Margot195918

Dear Margot195918,

Your group did arrive in the late morning and we guarantee our check in from 2 pm. I apologize for not having any coat hangers & alarm clock in your room.

Rupert & Team