Gilligans Backpackers Hotel & Resort
US$126
US$111
Novotel
  • Restaurant
Coral Tree Inn(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$85
US$76
US$73
  • Pool
Park Regis City Quays(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$70
US$126
US$115
  • Pool
Ibis Styles Cairns(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$87
Mantra Esplanade Cairns(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$139
  • Pool
Cairns Sheridan Hotel(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$104
US$146
US$86
US$141
US$88
1,054 results
All reviewsbar clubdrink dealshuge hostelnightclub downstairsthe east coastfree entryfree champagnebed dormcheap drinksearly nightparty atmospheretravel deska great place to meettoilet and showergood nights sleepkitchen facilitiesrooms are clean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Gilligans Hostel is fantastic, has something for everyone, loved the new clean facilities, cheap dinner in the evenings Club & Bar open to the small hours suits everyone, for those who want to party for of couple of hours or take it into the early morning.
Arrived at the Hostel and was checked in by Josh - so welcoming and friendly with a smile continously on his face! Helped us out when we needed anything, always obliging. He suits his role.
if only everyone could be as nice as he was. We were all in 107 and everyone thought he was Top of the Pops!! Out of all the staff Josh would remember us when we arrived at reception and really did go out of his way to help, making our stay even more enjoyable.
Highly reccomend staying at Gilligans!

Room Tip: Sharing is Caring! Great way to meet new people - definately recommend this, if its not for you then you shouldnt be staying here.
1  Thank caroline m
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Stayed here for 9 nights and it was an awesome experience! It is a hostel so dont expect 5 star service but the people you meet while you are there makes it worthwhile. Having the pub/club downstairs is very helpful. Give it a go!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

So i wanted to extend my stay here as it it theeeeee best place EVER...anyway I was supposed to check out on the monday and I wanted to stay til the Wed. I wanted to stay in the same room but when I went down I was told that I couldn't do this.So they told me I had to change room-which was so endless for the sake of 2 days... but later on I asked a different guy if I could stay in the room. He then sorted it all out for me and I didn't have to change rooms. He went the extra mile to ensure that I was happy and enjoying my stay. That night I lost my phone and he again went the extra mile helping me to try and find it. HE is a Legend!!! Jossssshh from reception. 'You may take our lives...but you'll never take out Freeeeedom'!!! Thanks for all your help mate. :)

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Fantastic hostel, very good for meeting people. I arranged some very good tours through the reception. A very clean hostel, rooms and bathrooms washed every day which was very well done. Ideal location, being above one of the best clubs in town and just a short walk to the lagoon

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Alicenuala1
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Gillis is the place to be in Cairns! Loved my nine nights there. In particular I was blown away by the staff working in reception - particularly Josh McLean - who went over and above the call of duty and seriously helped me out a few times. Firstly, when I needed to change room due to being freaked out by a room mate, Josh dealt with the situation professionally and sensitively and showed genuine concern and sympathy and allowed me to move rooms with no hassle at all. Secondly, when he wasn't even working, he overheard me panicking in reception that I mistook the time of my flight and took it upon himself to give me a lift to the airport, to save me from missing it. Talk about going the extra mile!!! If you want an awesome place to stay, with parties every night and genuinely caring and attentive staff who will go the extra mile, then gilligans is the place to be.

• Stayed: April 2014