“Excellent Dive Experience - Great Barrier Reef! ...for a beginner and certified diver”

Cairns Dive School - Day Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: We work with all the dive schools, instructors, and tour operators in the area to give you the best possible experience when learning to scuba dive in Cairns. Whether you want the best, the lowest price, or just want to learn to scuba dive as quickly as possible, we can get you what you are looking for. Come learn to dive in paradise and see the Great Barrier Reef today!
Ojai, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

There are a lot of boats and tours (good & bad) to choose from when looking at this area - save yourself and start with Michelle at Cairns Dive School. She's a professional who knows the area and the boats/tours available and will guide you to the best experience personalized to your needs and expectations. She was great at communicating, understood our expectations and exceeded them!

I'm certified and this was my companion's first time. We visited Michelle at her very nice facility in Cairns (we arrived via cruise ship and walked to her place from the dock). She spent a lot of time in the pool with training so my companion could do a Discovery dive the next day. She was very patient and went over everything so he would be comfortable and safe. (all our equipment was provided, and it was nice equipment, including prescription masks and an underwater camera so we could save memories of the day--all of which she had on the boat for us, we didn't need to bring anything except towels). At the last minute, 2 friends wanted to join just for snorkeling - no problem, Michelle took care of everything.

She recommended the Tusa6 which turned out to be one of the best boats I've used; large, very comfortable, organized, professionally staffed, attentive (they even put our flippers on and off! we felt very pampered) great food and 4 clean bathrooms with showers!

The dive...not as expected, my friend on his first dive ever experienced some problems with clearing, fortunately we were with Michelle who recognized and worked with him patiently to try to sort it out - very happy he had personal and professional attention to make this the best possible experience. We had time for 3 great dives all at different locations.

I've been diving for 20 years, and this is the first time a turtle has followed us and eaten from my hand :) Diving with Michelle was great, she noticed everything and pointed it out which really made the day!

Thank you very much Michelle!

Visited February 2014
3 Thank tvl_inc

Derby, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cairns Dive School”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

Big thank you to Michelle for completing my wife's SCUBA referral and catering to our needs - very professional, patient and good value for money.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Paul K
divedivaintl, Owner at Cairns Dive School - Day Tour, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Thank yo so much for your kind words! I'm am so pleased you both enjoyed your time here in Cairns! Your photos with Wally (the Moari Wrasse) kissing you, and the giant stone fish are famous! Take care and keep diving!
Brisbane, Australia
“Are you for SCUBA?! Cairns Dive School Is!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

Are you for SCUBA...? Cairns Dive School is the place to go for the adventure of a life time! Michelle has a great facility, is an awesome instructor and has awesome experience on the reef! Between teaching me everything I need to know for my certification and making sure I got to see Sharks she really knows her stuff! I would recommend without a second thought - you wont regret it! Ill be back for sure!

Visited October 2013
Cairns, QLD
“FANTASTIC Dive School in Cairns!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

Michelle and Rob are both beautiful people and they have a great school, I recommend it without any reservations. The pool and facilities are awesome, and the instruction is second to none! The owners have been in the industry for years as professional divers and they know SCUBA like the back of their hands, maybe better. They are friendly, funny, attentive and really care about your dive experience as if it was their own. The small class sizes prove they really care about making your experience personal and positive. I did my open water cert with Michelle after arriving in Cairns 2 years ago and have never looked back... since then I've been diving with sharks and turtles and manta rays having the time of my life! I'm planning on doing my advanced with her soon. Highly recommended!! Sign up, they are fantastic and you won't regret it!! :-)

Visited September 2013
Adelaide
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Excellent facility”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

Great instructor and very personalised experience would recommend to anyone, especially beginners like me.

Visited October 2013