See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 October 2017

I stayed here for two nights on a work trip. It good to know that this isnt a Sheridan chain hotel its just located on sheridan street. I found it to be a nice place which was a good price and a great location.

The room itself was nice it was clean and a good size with a microwave and mini fridge, my room had a double and single bed with a couch and was on the 3rd floor. At night the room was quite and during the day was nicely lite with natural light.

The hotel itself was located close to the main centre about a 10min walk from the esplanade or the main cairns shopping centre. Its about a $20 taxi ride from the airport. It has after hours checking which is nice if you arrive late. The hotel has a restaurant but i didn't try it so can't really comment on it.

Overall I found the hotel a nice hotel for the price and couldn't really find anything really wrong with the place. Id recommend it for a short or medium stay with or without a car.

Room Tip: I'd recommend a second or third floor room
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 October 2017

This is not worthy of a 3 star. We booked this by mistake believing it to be The Cairns Sheridan. Will not make that mistake again. Upon booking we advised reception of our arrival time. When we arrived we were given our key to our room and trudged up the stairs with our luggage as there was no lift, only to be told when we got to our room that it wasn't ready and to come back in half an hour so we took our luggage back down to the car and took a drive. Upon arriving back at our room the access card would not work so the maid let us in. She said we were given the wrong card as hers worked fine and we were to go back downstairs to get a new one..not great when we have both had knee ops. Room was outdated and I would not define it as clean, sheets had marks on them, not laundered correctly. Bed was on castors so when you sat on it and leant on the headboard to watch tv the bed rolled forward and was extremely uncomfortable. Upon booking we were not told that the restaurant would not be open. There was a microwave in the room but no bowls/plates/cutlery to use in it....overall I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank imagine692017
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Read all of the reviews and despite all of those we stayed for five nights. It's a three star on a busy noisy road along with many others but it's clean, the room is made up every day by very friendly staff. More like a hotel.
It's cheap and clean! If you want bathrobes and a mint on your pillow every morning stay at a five star and PAY for it!
We'd stay again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2017

Like other reviewers we thought we were staying at the Cairns Sheridan which is also on Sheridan Street. Room was up three flights of stairs and was extremely basic. Price on the expensive side for a "budget motel." Reception closes early and if you want to catch a cab early to the airport at the front you have to walk around to the front of the motel or catch it out on the back street. Did not feel safe. Never again!!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Grumpyoldman101
Reviewed 2 September 2017

On check in I was surprised to find the hotel had no lift to the room, as I wouldn’t knowingly book a hotel for a five-night stay where we had to deal with stairs many times a day. Both of us have bad knees.

After lugging our heavy bags up the stairs, I realised I’d mistakenly booked the 3-star Cairns City Sheridan, and not the 4.5-star Cairns Sheridan. Both hotels are on Sheridan St.

After checking for availability on the ground floor, we decided to cancel the following four nights of our booking. The staff, Silvia and Donna, were both friendly and helpful in dealing with this request.

This is an older 3-star hotel. Most rooms are on the 2nd and 3rd floor. The room was clean. The linen was clean. The bed was comfortable enough. It wasn’t suitable for us for a multi night stay.

Stayed: August 2017