See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 August 2010

I was in Cairns lately on business and decided to stay at the City Sheridan for a couple of nights, I had read a few reviews about the motel, and was pretty please with what i had read. I was happy to say that the place was very comfortable, friendly and clean. I have rebooked for the next trip in october, and would reccommend the property.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 August 2010

I booked a room in this motel for 2 nights in July 2010. This has to be the most irresponsible and disorganised place in Cairns. I arrived in Cairns late in the evening only to be told by the receptionist that my room has drainage problems and that they were not able to contact me to let me know. They booked me in their sister motel called Rainbow Inn. It was a complete dive. I felt like I was walking into a prison with drunk indigenous people staring at me from the balcony. The room I was given was near their so called restaurant. The bed was filthy and full of stain marks. Air con was not in order. TV with only 4 channels (advertised to have Austar) with a missing remote control. I was woken up at 3am by someone continuously shouting outside saying that he will kill everyone. I checked out at 5am as I did not feel safe in that hellish motel. When I returned to City Sheridan, I was told that my room was still not ready. They had two days to have that room fixed but they didn't bother. When I refused to stay at the filthy Rainbow Inn, I was offered a room at Queens Court which was a decent place. I will not recommend either City Sheridan or Rainbow Inn to anyone. Stay at Queens Court instead. I hope everyone finds this review helpful and stay away from these dives.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank R1ddl3r
Reviewed 12 July 2010

Just returned home from a wonderful holiday here! Very clean. To Kelly, Eddie, Casey. We had a lot to do with you guys, you guys are great, awesome and excellent. We had the best time with you all. A totally awesome experience with two of you in particular. How friendly and helpful your were and always ready to have a laugh. thank you. To Chris and Elisha and Katrina you guys were a pleasure to talk to as well. Nothing was any trouble to any of you 6 people. To the housekeeping staff, you are all lovely as well. Thanks heaps. will be recommending friends and family to this marvellous motel. P.S. Not only were two of you awesome but fantastic and super as well. Anne Inslay

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank AnnieAussieinRocky
Reviewed 26 June 2010

It was a joy to stay at this hotel - friendly, safe, clean and very reasonably priced. Our room overlooking the pool was clean, well presented and serviced promptly and very adequately each day. The off-street car parking was a bonus.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2010

Stayed at the City Sheridan in Cairns for 5 nights, we are at the end of our month trip around Australia, and this motel was by far the best motel, and absolutly fantastic value for your money. The motel is clean, and modern, the Restaurant food is Brilliant, and the staff where fantastic organising all our tours for us. I would have no hesitation in reccomending this accommdation option. BRILLIANT!!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business