“Very clean with friendly staff”

Cairns City Sheridan
Ranked #59 of 64 Hotels in Cairns
Reviewed 8 October 2010

The staff were great and made you feel welcome. They assisted with booking tours and provided local information.
Doors to some of the rooms were very noisy and slammed loadly throughout the night.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 September 2010

We stayed at the City Sheridan for 2 nights when we arrived in Cairns. We got a very warm welcome from Alisha who helped with all our enquiries & just made us feel that we wanted to stay & chat for a while. We got to our room which was very clean, comfortable & had everything we needed with the added view of looking out over the pool & restaurant area. We arrived late at night the restaurant was ready for closing but it was no problem for them to feed us, with a delicious meal & nothing was too much trouble. This is where we met Kelly who was very helpful, freindly & very informative about anything we wanted to about our first time experience in Cairns. We were only away for a week & were supposed to be staying for the rest of the week in Port Douglas but we ended up only staying there for 2 nights & we came back to the City Sheridan for the rest of our holiday, even the cleaning staff were freindly & helpful. Thank you Kelly & Alisha & all the staff at City Sheridan, we would definately recommend your Inn to anybody & if I ever get back to Cairns for a holiday thats where we will be staying.
The Extons.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank extontocumwal
Reviewed 26 August 2010

We were let down by our car rental company which meant we had to spend an extra night in Cairns. We arrived at the hotel at 10.30am and were given a warm friendly greeting and though they hadn't finished the days cleaning, they found us a room straight away. We had a lovely dinner that night in the restuarant - food very fresh and well cooked and presented. We booked in again for our final night before our flight home 2 weeks later and again, we were well looked after and another great meal. I spent some time in the bar by the pool and was served by kelly, who is delightful and very good at her job. The hotel is very reasonably priced and we would stay there again

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2010

I was in Cairns lately on business and decided to stay at the City Sheridan for a couple of nights, I had read a few reviews about the motel, and was pretty please with what i had read. I was happy to say that the place was very comfortable, friendly and clean. I have rebooked for the next trip in october, and would reccommend the property.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 August 2010

I booked a room in this motel for 2 nights in July 2010. This has to be the most irresponsible and disorganised place in Cairns. I arrived in Cairns late in the evening only to be told by the receptionist that my room has drainage problems and that they were not able to contact me to let me know. They booked me in their sister motel called Rainbow Inn. It was a complete dive. I felt like I was walking into a prison with drunk indigenous people staring at me from the balcony. The room I was given was near their so called restaurant. The bed was filthy and full of stain marks. Air con was not in order. TV with only 4 channels (advertised to have Austar) with a missing remote control. I was woken up at 3am by someone continuously shouting outside saying that he will kill everyone. I checked out at 5am as I did not feel safe in that hellish motel. When I returned to City Sheridan, I was told that my room was still not ready. They had two days to have that room fixed but they didn't bother. When I refused to stay at the filthy Rainbow Inn, I was offered a room at Queens Court which was a decent place. I will not recommend either City Sheridan or Rainbow Inn to anyone. Stay at Queens Court instead. I hope everyone finds this review helpful and stay away from these dives.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank R1ddl3r
Reviewed 12 July 2010

Just returned home from a wonderful holiday here! Very clean. To Kelly, Eddie, Casey. We had a lot to do with you guys, you guys are great, awesome and excellent. We had the best time with you all. A totally awesome experience with two of you in particular. How friendly and helpful your were and always ready to have a laugh. thank you. To Chris and Elisha and Katrina you guys were a pleasure to talk to as well. Nothing was any trouble to any of you 6 people. To the housekeeping staff, you are all lovely as well. Thanks heaps. will be recommending friends and family to this marvellous motel. P.S. Not only were two of you awesome but fantastic and super as well. Anne Inslay

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank AnnieAussieinRocky
Reviewed 26 June 2010

It was a joy to stay at this hotel - friendly, safe, clean and very reasonably priced. Our room overlooking the pool was clean, well presented and serviced promptly and very adequately each day. The off-street car parking was a bonus.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple