“OMG nastiest woman EVER!! ”

Gloria Jean's Coffees Cairns Central
Ranked #38 of 40 Coffee & Tea in Cairns
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Melbourne, Australia
“OMG nastiest woman EVER!! ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

On my last day in Cairns I stopped by here to get a drink. I ordered what I would usually order back in Melbourne which is a Tim Tam frappe type drink with soy milk. The gentleman who took the order was nice enough and I stepped aside to wait whilst some other lady got onto making it. Towards the end I noticed she was using full cream milk and was unsure if it was even mine so wasn't sure to say anything. So she hands over my drink and I was extremely polite and asked whether that was soy milk and she said no it wasn't. I said oh okay well I did ask for soy please. She then got all defensive and rudely and says "well the man down the front hasn't put that on the order" and then actually waited for me to leave. I explained that's okay but could you please make the one with soy I did order as I'm lactose intolerant and know what I ordered. Well I guess she was too lazy and didn't like being told to do her job so she threw my drink back at the sink then went on to make FOUR other drinks before she remade mine. And did this with a smirk on her face!! As she was handing it over I said "could I please have a bit of whipped cream on top". (my partner eats the cream) and this bafoon of a woman actually had the nerve to turn around and raise her voice to me all the while sounding so sarcastic and says "oh I thought you were lactose intolerant? ha"!! by this stage I was so angry I just told her, "thanks for trying to humiliate me because I have a lactose problem". Then I yelled at her this was the worst customer service ever and walked out the store. I would never recommend going here while this beast is working...How dare you question what I pay for!!

2 Thank MzTeebomb
GJC_Cairns_Central, Manager at Gloria Jean's Coffees Cairns Central, responded to this review, 9 September 2014
Hi MzTeebomb,

I'm very sorry your experience was so upsetting, I have recently begun here as manager and I can assure you I do not condone this level of service. I can assure you it is not the norm. If you're ever in Cairns again please come into the store and meet the current team. We pride ourselves on our customer service and I would love the opportunity to give you better memories of your experience with us.