“Heritage Cairns - a great base in Cairns for a family of 5”

Tropical Heritage Cairns
Ranked #14 of 64 Hotels in Cairns
Sydney Australia
“Heritage Cairns - a great base in Cairns for a family of 5”
Reviewed 28 October 2009

Finding a hotel/motel room for a family of 5 presents its challenges, however, The Heritage Cairns more than met our needs. The "family suite" that we booked was huge, with a room with a King Size bed for my wife and I, another room with 2 beds for our daughters, and a living room with a couch where our son slept. We stayed for 6 nights and having so much space made our stay all the more comfortable. The man at the front desk, Stuart, always went out of his way to meet our needs and to make us feel at home. I used the BBQ facilities on 3 nights, and just when I was trying to work out how to get thing going another of the Heritage team was on hand to give assistance.
Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
brisbane
Reviewed 24 October 2009

I wanted to coment on the very helpful and friendly managers of this hotel. They will go out of their way to help you and they will also give you all the useful information you will require for your stay in Cairns. I would not hesitate in recomending this hotel for all ages and nationalities of visitors. From Ed Attard working with the International Water Centre.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 19 October 2009

Due to positive reviews here, I decided to book Heritage Cairns, and I do not regret it. Aside from being clean, the room they gave me was huuuuge! The family managing this place is really friendly and accomodating. Mr Stewart even asked me, if I had a towel with me for my diving adventure. As I had none, he packed one for me in a bag he also kindly provided. They also took care of my airport shuttle reservation. And the hotel is walking distance from the city centre (doable).

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
Basingstoke, UK
Reviewed 17 October 2009

Booked the Heritage as I had read good reviews. We stayed five nights in the most comfortable accommodation of our four week vacation to Eastern Australia. Staff are so nice and nothing is too much trouble. This Motel is worth every cent you pay.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2009

I have stayed at the Heritage Hotel in Cairns three times whilst on business. I have always enjoyed the exceptional service from the friendly management. The rooms are always clean and tidy and the views from the rooms are to die for. I look forward to getting back there soon!.
I can highly recommend Heritage Hotel Cairns to any traveler or business person alike. You will enjoy your stay. Keep up the good work Heritage.
GK.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 October 2009

Stayed with the Heritage team for ten days - great local knowledge and friendly disposition. Always available to guide and have a chat but most of all they were respectful of our privacy but tried to help us have a great holiday.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2009

We stayed at Heritage Cairns while on holiday to Cairns this year and loved every minute!
This is a family runned buisness and we can see they take pride in the day to day runnings of this place! they were all very friendly and happy to help with any of our needs, they helped us pick fantastic trips to the Great Barrier reef & Cape Tribulation ,Airport Transfers and dinner reservations nothing was too much of an effort!
I must add this Motel is only 5 mins walk (1.5 blocks) to the Cairns Esplanade and lagoon but is located in a quiet quiet street tucked away from the noise and hussle and bustle of the Main city strip and nightlife noise

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple