The Hotel Cairns
US$144
US$128
Hilton
  • Restaurant
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cairns(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$132
Orbitz.com
US$271
US$152
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Cairns Harbourside(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$95
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Coral Tree Inn(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$82
Cairns Plaza Hotel(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$82
Agoda.com
Mantra Esplanade Cairns(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$106
Reef Palms(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$89
All reviewsplantation restauranttower roomsplantation styleplantation shutterslovely tropicalbuffet breakfastshort walkprivate balconydvd playerlocation is greatshower headcentral locationroom was largestayed here for nightsnight marketnice poolthe great barrier reef
Reviewed 28 October 2007

We stayed here for 3 nights at the start of a 3 week trip travelling doan the East Coast of Oz - easy to find, car parking underground and a nice room that overlooked the parking area / restaurant. We had a problem with the toilet cistern and they moved us after being unable to fix it to a great family room which was fab for the 2 of us. Friendly and helpful reception and only a 3 min walk to the Esplanade. Buffet breakfast was OK - not fab but have full english, fruits, cereals etc. Would recommend.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Claypole
Reviewed 26 September 2007

Stayed there for one night after spending a week in Port Douglas.

A little pricey for the room but location was great, and we have semi-ocean view from our room. The pool was also very nice and not crowded at all. Clean facilties. Staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Location was awesome - minutes from all the tourist spots (and the casino, if you're interested).

We also went to their Seafood dinner buffet ($45 per person) at the hotel restaurant- food was great!! (much better than going to the tourist traps along the espanade).

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mcmug2002
Reviewed 20 August 2007

I have booked 4 months in advance this hotel for 4 nights but what a surprise the day i arrived after a long trip I was told that my room had some problem and I was moved to another hotel close that was supposed to be nicer - but it wasn't -. I was not happy but had no choice. I came back the same night to complain about the accomodation they founded me but they told me that maybe next morning they will have found a room for me.
back next day in the morning in order to know if I could check out from the other hotel - that I would have never booked by myself - but I was told that I had to wait another day. I saw people leaving so I asked if they had another room but they said no. The man at the reception and the one in charge of reservation were so unkind and arrogant that I wouldn't have spent the others 2 remaining nights there if they weren't already payied.
So finally i only spent 2 nights - even if my booking was for 4 nights - and only the girl at reception really replied she was deeply sorry. If they do this things once they can do it to you as well. so think twice before booking this hotel because this kind of treatment on your arrival is just the most unpleaseant you can have.
it's a shame because the hotel is nice, not new, but nice.
but the service was just awfull. I will never ever be back again.

• Stayed: August 2007
5  Thank traveller137
Reviewed 17 August 2007

We were not sure whether to stay in the heart of Cairns or head up to Port Douglas for a couple of days.We booked in at The Hotel Cairns for four days because their helpfull reservation staff told us if changed our minds we only needed to give them 24 hours notice to change our booking.
Needless to say we never made it to Port Douglas. This Hotel gave us the classic Queensland feel whilst still having access to all the facilities of a busy little tourist town.
The staff were very helpfull and knowledgable and helped us with all our tours.
Our only disappointment was thet the hotel was full when we tried to extend.
I would suggest booking in advance for a longer stay and booking a superior room ( I think they call them Tower rooms).
These have furnished balconies and LCD TVs.

David and Jill Hammer
Fitzroy, Australia

• Stayed: August 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank HamerTime
Reviewed 13 August 2007

We spent 4 days at the Hotel Cairns. The rooms were clean, beds comfortable, and nicely decorated. I really liked the tropical look of the rooms and grounds. There were lots of greenery everywhere. Their resturant, The Plantation, was lovely. A light breakfast and coffee was a good start for the day. The hotel staff was very knowledgeable and helpful with booking tours.

It was a great location, behind the Holiday Inn. The Esplande, water, night markets were only a few blocks away. The resturants on the Esplande seemed expensive to us and a bit touristy. We ate dinner twice at the Grand Hotel located at Mcleod and Shields St., Located in a quieter area, although it is a bar with the usual pool tables, live music, etc. Great value. The food was delicious, especially the seafood. atmosphere fun, staff lovely.

We were glad we took the trip to Kuranda. Next time we would take the Skyrail both directions. The train was nice, but not so different than other train rides.

It is a long way from California, but we are glad that we included it in our visit to Australia.

3  Thank Native_family