This hotel has a well-known special offer. If you spend $100 or more in the restaurant you get one night's accommodation thrown in for free. Here's the trap.
1. In order to take advantage of the offer you need to upgrade to a more expensive room. No matter when you plan to stay the basic room will not be available
2. The prices in the restaurant and what you get for the price will ensure that you spend way over $100 just to not leave hungry
3. The food was VERY unimpressive. You have to cook your own meat/fish AND vegetables on a small hot plate. Consequently the vegetables do not cook, and the meat just keeps cooking, not until it's ready but until you eat it.
You can do much better for what you will end up spending. I don't mind what i paid, i just felt ripped off, which i really don't like.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Cairns, with its impeccably private and tropical ambience, is a 4 star resort hotel superbly positioned in the central business district of Cairns, one block from the famous Esplanade. Its architectural profile and exterior facade is one of the most beautiful examples of Queenslander heritage style, and is a popular talking point among many of the hotel’s visitors and guests. The hotel has undergone a complete remodeling and refurbishment to emerge as the classic accommodation of choice in Tropical North Queensland. Privately owned and operated by an Australian family, the Bakers, The Hotel Cairns is popular with international and domestic visitors and locals from the Cairns hinterland who appreciate quality and attention to detail. Set back from the street and well shaded by tropical trees and plants, The Hotel Cairns features a tour booking desk, a sparkling blue outdoor pool and spa, a modern, state of the art cardio gymnasium, a choice of function rooms, an onsite car park and a welcoming indoor/outdoor restaurant, The Plantation Bar & Grill. The Hotel Cairns is conveniently located just 10 minutes drive from the Airport, and an easy 5 minutes walking distance to shops and eateries in Cairns’ CBD. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Hotel Cairns reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Cairns