The Hotel Cairns
Ibis Styles Cairns(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$76
US$73
US$90
Good 3.5/5
Park Regis City Quays(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$80
  • Pool
Mantra Esplanade Cairns(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$104
US$126
US$115
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Cairns Harbourside(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$288
US$179
Hotwire.com
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsplantation restauranttower roomsplantation styleplantation shutterslovely tropicalbuffet breakfastshort walkprivate balconydvd playerlocation is greatshower headcentral locationroom was largestayed here for nightsnight marketnice poolthe great barrier reef
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 January 2014

- My family and I went there on early Jan 2014. The day we arrived Cairns was so hot, the air con was so effective. Room was clean, I particularly liked the mirror light.
- The TV had many channels, language vary from English, Chinese, Japanese and Korean.
- Location is good, near the sea and the centre of Cairns. Since it is a very small town, all the hotels in there have good location.
- One thing that needs improvement is its pool door which has a glass on top of the metal door and it seems useless. It was too sharp and cut my parents finger. When you open the pool door, be careful.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Katie K
Reviewed 12 January 2014

As a local I have enjoyed staying here on numerous occasions. I enjoy the $100 special offer.
The $100 room was not available until March so I upgraded. This was annoying.
I was told when I arrived that I could have $100 of drinks at the bar but if I wanted to eat hat would take all of my credit up. I was unavailable for dinner so had to pay$100 for two breakfasts. I felt ripped off by this.
Breakfast was average. "International Roast instant" for morning coffee is not good enough especially when paying $100.
I bought two coffees for $9 as a result. There was a long black hair in the cup. Gross!!!
Pool is disgusting. Debris and Bandaids at the bottom.
Upgraded room lacked finesse it was ok but a bit dirty (hair in bath, scratched on tiled floor scuzz on shampoo bottles in bathroom.
I left feeling ripped off. Will not return. Wording on promotion needs clarification.

Room Tip: Clarify your promotion before you stay. See what other specials are on offer in town.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jarvisnik
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Just checked out after my second stay here. I was on the breakfast deal this time, was upgraded to the tower room as I was last time. very grateful. Breakfast totally adequate. air con worked. The young lad that printed my boarding pass just delightful. He was doing the night shift at reception. Girls in breakfast room great. Very walkable to town. I will be back.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank naej
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We recently had a 2 month holiday in Australia and unfortunately we were booked into this hotel.

From the outside it looks wonderful, but the accommodation left much to be desired.

We have made our comments both to the Hotel and our Travel Consultants. So I would suggest that you look at all available accommodation first.

J & D

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank David F
Reviewed 28 November 2013

We are locals to Cairns and wanted to take advantage of the $100 deal. We were quickly told it was now $149 despite being advertised as $100. Oh well we gave it a go anyway. The room was tiny and very bright even with the shutters closed. The bath was nice and big but no plug in sight. There was also no mini bar, or microwave. The only convenience was a kettle. The fan only had one setting which was strange and although the air conditioning was on 18 degrees it was still quite warm. The restaurant was by far the worst experience. As part of the '149' dollar deal you get $100 to spend in the restaurant, which was beautiful but unfortunately grossly overpriced - which we assumed was to compensate for the $100 spend you get. The meals were tiny, an uncooked piece of meat of your choice on a 'volcanic rock' which you cook yourself. Unseasoned and only served with a palm sized of mushy potatoes and broccoli. No marinades just a plate of sauces - soy, mustard or oyster sauce for all meats. You are not given a choice of entree and are served watery pumpkin soup (tastes like packet soup very unpleasant) and a salad in a coffee cup with lettuce leaves and one quarter piece of tomato. Ice-cream is your desert and again you get no choice. And the price for each meal is $45-$55 depending on the meat (we are talking a tiny pork chop, lamb strip or piece of fish). The prices were outrageous. Very very disappointing overall experience for locals. We will not be staying again.

• Stayed: November 2013