“great place”

Ranked #38 of 64 Hotels in Cairns
Burleigh Heads, Australia
“great place”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

my family of 5 stayed here whilst in cairns.... the service was great, very friendly staff, good rooms and awesome breakfasts. great loaction close to everything- very central. we will definately go back

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank missymich2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Den Bosch, The Netherlands
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Very nice, clean and spacious rooms with a large balcony. We stayed here just for a night but had a great experience. Reception is very small and I can imagine that the hotel is not very easy for people in a wheelchair. You have to lift your suitcase a few flights of stairs before you enter the hall and elevator. Efficient receptionist but could have been more helpful. Location is close to the ocean and city center.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Bas v
King's Lynn
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

We hadn't planned on staying somewhere as grand as this wonderful white hotel, just one block back from the Esplanade, but it looked so appealing that I walked in to ask about prices. We had a huge room with a private balcony, for $145 a night which included an excellent breakfast. There is a good pool, and unusually for a hotel of this type, a guest laundry of the sort that makes backpackers hostels appealing after you've been travelling for several days. The charges were no higher than they would have been in a hostel.
Breakfast was an extensive buffet of bacon etc, Chinese dishes, tropical fruit, patisserie, juice, toast and cereal, which meant we didn't need to eat again until supper time.
We stayed two days and I will certainly make this my first choice for future visits to Cairns. The underground car park is another brilliant feature. This was the best value of our entire Queensland trip.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank AMCES
Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 January 2014

We booked this hotel for an extra night as it was part of the diving booking experience and we had arrived a day early. We are so glad we did!! There is nothing that dissapointed us, and we found it excellent. Although a busy hotel, we found the layout of the rooms made us feel like we away from it all. The restaurant was wonderful. The location was just right - easy to get to the centre of Cairns, but also enough distance away. The staff were really helpful. The rooms were pleasing and very attractive. We would recommend this for your stay.

Room Tip: Choose a room near the pool
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lyn B
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 13 January 2014

- My family and I went there on early Jan 2014. The day we arrived Cairns was so hot, the air con was so effective. Room was clean, I particularly liked the mirror light.
- The TV had many channels, language vary from English, Chinese, Japanese and Korean.
- Location is good, near the sea and the centre of Cairns. Since it is a very small town, all the hotels in there have good location.
- One thing that needs improvement is its pool door which has a glass on top of the metal door and it seems useless. It was too sharp and cut my parents finger. When you open the pool door, be careful.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Katie K
Atherton, Australia
Reviewed 12 January 2014

As a local I have enjoyed staying here on numerous occasions. I enjoy the $100 special offer.
The $100 room was not available until March so I upgraded. This was annoying.
I was told when I arrived that I could have $100 of drinks at the bar but if I wanted to eat hat would take all of my credit up. I was unavailable for dinner so had to pay$100 for two breakfasts. I felt ripped off by this.
Breakfast was average. "International Roast instant" for morning coffee is not good enough especially when paying $100.
I bought two coffees for $9 as a result. There was a long black hair in the cup. Gross!!!
Pool is disgusting. Debris and Bandaids at the bottom.
Upgraded room lacked finesse it was ok but a bit dirty (hair in bath, scratched on tiled floor scuzz on shampoo bottles in bathroom.
I left feeling ripped off. Will not return. Wording on promotion needs clarification.

Room Tip: Clarify your promotion before you stay. See what other specials are on offer in town.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jarvisnik

Travellers are raving about these Cairns hotels

Southport, Australia
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Just checked out after my second stay here. I was on the breakfast deal this time, was upgraded to the tower room as I was last time. very grateful. Breakfast totally adequate. air con worked. The young lad that printed my boarding pass just delightful. He was doing the night shift at reception. Girls in breakfast room great. Very walkable to town. I will be back.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo