“Fun course”

and up
Private Full-Day Cairns Golf Tour Package
Ranked #78 of 134 Outdoor Activities in Cairns
More attraction details
Owner description: 18 Hole course located just 5 mins from Cairns CBD. 66 Motorised Carts, Driving range with fully licensed and airconditioned clubhouse. Course open for Social play almost every day. Please call ahead to book your tee time!
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Good staff in pro shop, but beware cover up as this course has the worst sand flies ever experienced in the world

1  Thank Barhamtilley

Reviewed 29 April 2014

A great way to spend a couple of hours with the family or even friends for a competitive game!! Low cost, great challenge & a super way to spend time with the kids. The driving range is right by & you can smash a couple of buckets out after your putting challenge... Keep your head down... Fore!!!!

2  Thank iamcharlie7
Reviewed 16 April 2014

nice people warm beer grumpy PRO SHOP STAFF slack food a bit of a boys club ( hidden secrets ) uncomfortable feeling .

4  Thank Paul A
Matt B, General Manager at Cairns Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Hi Paul,
Firstly, thank you for your review and I am sorry that you didn't enjoy your time at Cairns Golf Club.
We are always looking for feedback (good and bad) and how to improve our CGC experience for locals and visitors alike. Could you please be a liitle more specific as to how the beer was warm, as we have recently installed a new beer reticulation system in the clubhouse and have seemingly not had any issues with beer temperature etc. Was this referring to the drinks from the Drinks Buggy on course?
Also I'd like a little more detail on the "boys club" and "grumpy pro shop staff"
I admit we do have a limited food selection during the week, ie our kitchen is not open 7 days but we are also coming out of a 3 month long wet season (last weekend being closed for Cyclone Ita) with limited play on the course.
Again, I apologise for not being up to your expectations and I hope you give us the chance to be better next time.
Regards
Matt Bolton

Reviewed 8 October 2013

I didn't have time to play the course so went and borrowed an iron from the pro shop. It was a hot sunny morning and I had to slap on the factor 30.

Practice ground was immaculate playing off closely mown turf. Afterwards I repaired to the bar to drink a nice cold James Boag and chat to nice friendly barmaid.
Clubhouse well appointed and pleasantly informal. Sorry I didn't get 18 holes in here as it would have been great to play a course in great nick and take in the wonderful scenery surrounding the course.

1  Thank Colin N
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Played here like 30 years ago when it was not really that attractive. They have done so much work, greens, and fairways are fantastic. The day we went the weather was perfect but you really are going to need insect repellent and lots of it. Lots of bites but well worth the visit.