“AMAZING”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Reef Experience

Reef Experience
More attraction details
Owner description: One Great Day at One Great price includes : city bus transfers, 2 spectacular Outer Barrier Reef locations, breakfast, wetsuit hire, 6 hours at the Reef, Marine Biologist Reef presentation, lunch, glass bottom boat, reef levies, afternoon tea your choice of an introductory dive or a certified dive. For people who can’t swim or aren’t confident in the water our friendly crew will take them on a guided snorkelProudly locally family owned and operated.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
London, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“AMAZING”
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

What an amazing day! I spent my 22nd birthday snorkelling the reef and it was definitely a birthday to remember. The whole day went very smoothly thanks to the great friendly staff. We were able to snorkel at our leisure, coming back to the boat to sunbathe or relax when we wanted. The lunch was especially fantastic, hats off to the chef! Unfortunately we didn't see any turtles or sharks, but we saw plenty of amazing fish and other amazing things. The reef itself is breathtaking and you can't really go too wrong. I would recommend spending the day with this company as it seemed to be one of the best priced and included a couple of meal etc. and even a glass of wine and cheese at the end.

Visited August 2014
2 Thank GourmetGooners

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Launceston, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Top Deck all the way!!!!!”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Pay the extra and go the "Top Deck" experience, not just snorkelling but also included the chance to try scuba diving, what a way to see the reef. Fabulous food and staff who obviously enjoy their job (even when half the tourists are throwing-up). The assignment of your own crew member makes the whole day special, nothing was a problem (even when I was making extremely good use of a lot of brown paper bags, you can't help rough seas) the meals were top class and more than plentiful, and how great to have it served to us at our own table. At each of the reefs, our crew member spoke to us about where to explore to view different resident fish and turtle, he was also knowledgeable about Cairns history which added to the day while travelling to the reefs. From my husband and my experience, we very happily say don't hesitate to see the reef with this company,

Visited August 2014
3 Thank Cathy T
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great day on the reef gold class”
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Me and my gf we have been on the day trip to the Great Barrier Reef. I'm an expert diver and I though the reef was better but the boat, the staff and the experience have been amazing. We chose the gold class to have our bit of luxury during the trip and I think that was the best choice that we did. We have been served an amazing breakfast, superb lunch and even a very good bottle of wine at the end of the day. About the dives, they have been great especially for the care that the crew show to my gf, her first dive, they made her very comfortable and made her enjoy the experience as well...in the end great value, great service and a very good experience.

3 Thank Denny B
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Ohhhh yeah...”
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Well, the Great Barrier Reef is amazing, so you can't really do wrong I don't think. I read some fantastic reviews about this company and they were by no means terrible... They just weren't great. As someone who has worked in retail and customer service for many years I just don't understand the vibe coming from some of the crew towards tourists. I know customers are a pain, but you wouldn't have a job without them, so it drives me crazy when there's eye rolling and arrogance in the service. This wasn't true of all the staff - the owner (I think) seemed really passionate about his business but it just didn't really translate to good vibes. I did an introductory dive and found it a little off putting and couldn't help but think that I might have enjoyed it more with slightly different organisation and instruction. All in all we still enjoyed snorkelling on the reef but this isn't really a trip id recommend to mates.

2 Thank Emily H
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Best day out! Great staff!”
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

The first thing that stood out on this trip was how accommodating and entertaining the staff were! From the moment we stepped on the boat they made sure that our every need was met, lunch was great with a large array of salad to go along with the main meal. The dive itself was simply stunning, they offer a range of tours to ensure you see everything worth seeing. Plenty of time spent in the water and by far the cheapest day trip to the reef in Cairns! Highly recommended for all ages and parties!

1 Thank Damien B