My family of 5 stayed in a two bedroom/two bathroom apartment (802) at the Piermonde Cairns for seven nights in September 2011. Here's what we thought:
* SPACIOUS. Very large apartment with fantastic floorplan. There are no poky rooms.
* VIEWS. Beautiful views over the inlet and mountains. Thoroughly enjoyed watching all sorts of boats, yachts, ships, etc sailing past.
* QUIET. Piermonde is located in a very quiet part of Cairns. Sunday to Wednesday night were particurly quiet - I didn't hear a thing from any other apartment.
* CONVENIENT. Only a short, flat walk to supermarket, restaurants, parks, jetty, etc.
* HOUSEKEEPING were very friendly and serviced the apartment daily.
* UNIT 802 ITSELF WAS RUN DOWN.The unit was knocked around, grotty and in desperate need of refurbishment (see attached photos). Carpet and floor rugs were absolutely filthy and in some parts, threadbare. Walls were dirty and patched in places and looked like they had not ever been cleaned. Lamps were dusty and their shades were mouldy. Placemats were very mouldy (honestly! How cheap are these to replace?!) Sheets on beds were clean but blankets were DIRTY with encrusted 'God only knows what' on them (ewwwww!) I put these in the wardrobes as I didn't want my children touching them. Outside ceiling fan was rusty and hanging from the ceiling with its wires exposed. Most electrical appliances were on their 'last legs'.
* Outdoor spa was really cold - disappointing and we never used it despite looking forward to it as we like to relax in outdoor spas whilst on holidays.
The condition of the apartment was a big let down considering its large size, great location and fantastic views.
I wonder if these apartments are individually owned? If so, apartment 802 needs some money spent on it to warrant the tarriff and not bring the other (possibly refurbished apartments in the complex, judging by the professional photos?) apartments down.
Reception staff were efficient.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Piermonde Apartments boasts some of the largest guest rooms in Cairns - making it the perfect choice for families and small groups in particular.Renowned for its spacious, stylish and superbly appointed 2 and 3 bedroom self-contained, air-conditioned apartments, this is a truly unique apartment hotel offering guests luxury and comfort in the heart of Cairns.All apartments feature huge bathrooms, spa or jet bath, full kitchen and laundry facilities, broadband internet, DVD players and video security intercom. Guests can enjoy the tropical sun from the privacy of their own oversized balcony with sweeping views across Cairns’ waterways and hinterland.Hotel facilities include outdoor spa, pool, BBQ and sundeck area. The 17-storey apartment hotel also provides undercover secure parking, business services, guest laundry, dry cleaning service, safe, luggage storage and tour booking expertise.Piermonde Apartments is located a leisurely stroll from Cairns’ famous Esplanade, Reef Casino, Marlin Marina and Night Markets as well as quality restaurants, shops and bars, ensuring handy access to all the delights this region has to offer. For guests attending tradeshows, conferences and other events, Cairns Convention Centre is conveniently located directly across the street from the hotel.With the hotel’s fusion of luxury, home comforts and a sought after Cairns harbour foreshore location – you may never want to leave Piermonde Apartments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Piermonde Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.