Piermonde Apartments
Ibis Styles Cairns(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$75
Hotels.com
US$92
US$87
US$76
US$73
US$90
Park Regis City Quays(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$80
Agoda.com
Mantra Esplanade Cairns(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$104
US$126
US$115
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Cairns Harbourside(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$83
US$156
US$86
US$288
US$179
All reviewsbedroom apartmentgreat locationpark regisfull kitchenuber rideoutdoor spathese unitspool levelgreat apartmentwithin easy reachthree bedroomwell equipped kitchenhuge balconysix nightsa wonderful staybeds were comfortablestayed longer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 September 2011

We stayed here after our original hotel lost our booking but they did us a favour as the Piermonde was far superior!. My husband and I stayed in the 2 bedroom apartment on the 15th floor and there was plenty of room for all of us. The views of Trinity inlet were amazing (even from the ensuite shower).Was lovely to watch everything on the water from the huge balconies. The apartment was immaculate - very modern, clean and serviced daily, they even supplied the little things like dishwashing powder,liquid, soap powder etc for the stay. Location is in a quiet area but still handy to everything - only about 100m to the closest coffee shop, less then 5 minutes walk to the casino. Couldn't fault Piermonde at all, only thing that the kids would have liked was free wifi.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Paula C
Reviewed 26 September 2011

My family of 5 stayed in a two bedroom/two bathroom apartment (802) at the Piermonde Cairns for seven nights in September 2011. Here's what we thought:

Pros:
* SPACIOUS. Very large apartment with fantastic floorplan. There are no poky rooms.
* VIEWS. Beautiful views over the inlet and mountains. Thoroughly enjoyed watching all sorts of boats, yachts, ships, etc sailing past.
* QUIET. Piermonde is located in a very quiet part of Cairns. Sunday to Wednesday night were particurly quiet - I didn't hear a thing from any other apartment.
* CONVENIENT. Only a short, flat walk to supermarket, restaurants, parks, jetty, etc.
* HOUSEKEEPING were very friendly and serviced the apartment daily.

Cons:
* UNIT 802 ITSELF WAS RUN DOWN.The unit was knocked around, grotty and in desperate need of refurbishment (see attached photos). Carpet and floor rugs were absolutely filthy and in some parts, threadbare. Walls were dirty and patched in places and looked like they had not ever been cleaned. Lamps were dusty and their shades were mouldy. Placemats were very mouldy (honestly! How cheap are these to replace?!) Sheets on beds were clean but blankets were DIRTY with encrusted 'God only knows what' on them (ewwwww!) I put these in the wardrobes as I didn't want my children touching them. Outside ceiling fan was rusty and hanging from the ceiling with its wires exposed. Most electrical appliances were on their 'last legs'.

* Outdoor spa was really cold - disappointing and we never used it despite looking forward to it as we like to relax in outdoor spas whilst on holidays.

The condition of the apartment was a big let down considering its large size, great location and fantastic views.

I wonder if these apartments are individually owned? If so, apartment 802 needs some money spent on it to warrant the tarriff and not bring the other (possibly refurbished apartments in the complex, judging by the professional photos?) apartments down.

Reception staff were efficient.

Room Tip: Be aware that Floor 3 contains the pool area and although we didn't stay on this floor, I think it COULD be noisy as the apartments are very close to it. We specifically asked for an apartment higher up and with water views but management could not (would not?) guarantee it - this is a bit of a gamble.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank neb24
SWHG_Operations, General Manager at Piermonde Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2011

Dear Tim

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments though Trip Advisor after your recent stay with the Park Regis Hotel Cairns. I appreciate your feedback and sincerely apologise for any disappointment or inconvenience caused during your stay.

Your comments have been received and discussed with the appropriate departments concerned; we have addressed these issues with the teams in each department and hopefully rectified the cleaning issues you have raised. We have also schedule a maintenance program to address the other issues that you have brought to our attention during our off season. I thank you for bringing these matters and concerns to my attention. Again I must apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Here at the Park Regis Cairns we are committed to providing a high standard of facilities and customer service and we very much value your comments and views in this instance.

Again, I thank you for bringing these matters to my attention and I personally hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Regis Cairns in the near future.

Yours sincerely

Wayne Booth
Park Regis Cairns

Reviewed 8 April 2011

I read a comment that these apartments are the biggest in Cairns and found to our suprise that the comment was correct, the apartments are huge. We stayed in 802 which faces the south overlooking the river and docks. The only bad point being the weather which was wet and windy and coming straight at us meaning we had to keep all balcony doors and windows closed. Apart from that the apartment was well appointed and very clean. We travel to Cairns yearly and will be staying here again on our next trip. Highly recommended. Because this is an apartment block don't expect the services of a hotel. Best for families or 2 couples who don't mind sharing an apartment.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank PeterB03
Reviewed 29 December 2010

I was a bit hesitant to stay here the reviews were a bit dicey. We rented 2 apartments and because Piermonde only rents out a certain amount we were unable to get 2 together but we had room 301 and 601. Both 2 bedrooms/2 bathrooms each, 301 is a bit like being on the ground floor as there is a walkway all around the apartments on that level, this level also has the pool which is very small and a spa which is a good size. Apartment 601 was 3 floors up and we had lovely breezes. all the rooms were very spacious. a/c in all rooms, a laundry seperate to the bathrooms. Decor was modern and kitchens fantastic sizes. in 601 we had a huge fridge freezer with cold water and ice which was really nice. The carpets were worn and not a good colour (light). Had no problems when we wanted bed arrangements changed and when asked for bedding they were prompt. Our rooms were serviced daily, we stayed for a week. they changed towels daily and bedding once in that time which was fine. they removed rubbish daily also, but they didnt vaccum or mop. Although this apartment is linked to the City Quays next door we didnt feel this was a problem. The only thing we didnt like is that the foyer was beautiful and cool but the lift and corridors to your rooms were hot and stuffy. The walls were patched and needed painting. My daughter and her family who were in 301 had too many doors to go through, 3 actually to get inside their apartment which was hard with a baby and a pram, this was due to an exit near their room to outside, the apartment is very secure. so if you are booking try to get a higher room than third floor. One more thing, if you book directly through them you can get Myer one points, as I booked through an agent I couldnt which i wasnt happy about. Otherwise everything worked well and if we complained they came to fix it.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Margo57
Reviewed 9 September 2010

We stayed here for 7 nights on the recommendation of a friend. Firstly, we were terribly unlucky with the weather and yes, this may color my overall 'vibe' regarding our stay.

Communication from Travstar (who manage 1302) was good pre the trip and we were met by the lovely Natasha on arrival. She let us in and pointed out things like the air con etc but did not check they were working/demonstrate how to use them.

The air con unit in the main living space did not work the whole time we were there. We arrived late on Saturday and as it was warm but not horrid (and the one's in the bedrooms worked) so we left it until Monday to say anything. We went to reception downstairs where a middle aged gentleman (hiding in the back office, no one ever on the desk) said oh I am only filling in, you had better go to the park regis reception next door. Which we did, told the girl on reception our issue (and our room number, well der) and she said she would get the tech to look at it while we were out. No one looked at it, no one contacted us. Went to reception the following day to see what was actually going on and told quite rudely we do not look after that apartment, contact Travstar. I did and was told someone would look at it while we were out. No one did, no one called to explain/update us. Over it by this stage, I left it until the Friday morning when we went to put our hire car in the garage to find the automatic opener was not working. I heave my 6 month pregnant body back around the corner to Travstar and tell them, they come straight back and help us but need to take the remote to 'fix it'. This leaves us to enter the garage via the building, walk down through the car park, and then press the manual button to let ourselves in. Again, no follow up. When we drop the key back Saturday morning I get an 'oh by the way the air con has blown up and we need to replace it, sorry'. No offer of a partial refund or, in my opinion, real contriteness around the overall pain it all created for us.

The apartment itself is well maintained. The kitchen and laundry are great. The TV has a burnt out part on the screen which is not a big deal but does look sloppy. The beds are shocking. I sleep in a lot of hotels and I was apalled - I think we had one OK nights sleep the whole stay. The rubbish room is outside the apartment and if someone else does not shut the door properly is really smells out the whole corridor. There is free wifi and broadband in the apartment which worked really well.

The location of the apartment is in a quiet part of town at night and has a beautiful view of the hills/forest. During the day though, as soon as you go out on the balcony to enjoy it you are subjected to the very noisy docks opposite. It is about a 10 minutes walk to the esplanade part of town which we got over by the end (especially with the rain). There is very little to do in Cairns if it (a) rains and (b) you do not want to spend $400 on an activity for the whole family.

If I went to Cairns again (unlikely, more of a Noosa girl) I would stay somewhere like the harbour lights or mantra esplanade to be closer to the action but far enough away to sleep at night.

I have reviewed a few restaurants in Cairns too if you want some advice of lovely places to eat. The one tourist this we did was the Hartley's Croc Adventure Park which was a great day out.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family