“Family holiday”

Piermonde Apartments
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We were very happy with our stay at Piermonde. Only stayed one night during the week, but would have loved to have stayed there longer. Requested an early check in. The room was ready when we arrived. Did not have to use the Park Regis reception as Peirmonde reception was staffed. The service was great. Our room was poolside which was fantastic as the pool area was immaculately presented. Would have been better though if the spa was heated slightly as even though the air temperature was warm 29degrees, the pools were still freezing. The bathrooms and walk in wardrobes were huge. Loved the size of the 2 bedroom apartment and the storage. Impressive. There were a couple of minor issues, eg. curtain rods to close and open curtains were broken and could do with a retouch of paint in some areas. But none of these little issues were a problem. As we booked a lower level room, we definitely got value for money. Would recommend the poolside apartments to families. Right next to Wharf 2 at the Marina and the convention centre. Walking distance to Lagoon and Esplanade. 5 to 10 minutes depending on which way you go and if you have someone with little legs with you.

Room Tip: Poolside suitable for families. The outlook is nice enough. If you want a water view from the apa...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
SWHG_Operations, General Manager at Piermonde Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Dear rochellet

Thank you for taking the time for your review on Trip Advisor after your recent stay with us at the Park Regis Piermonde Cairns.

It is pleasing to know that you enjoyed your stay, found our facilities good and the staff where helpful.
I will share this positive feedback with our team members.

Park Regis Hotel Cairns is strongly committed to providing a high standard of facilities and customer service and we very much value your positive comments

Again, thank you for your kind words and we hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Park Regis Piermonde Apartments Cairns in the near future.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

Awesome facilities. Reception staff a little overwhelmed at check-out time.
$10 daily carparking fee a little unexpected. A little disappointing that room service didn't locate & return my Iphone charger left plugged into the wall socket... otherwise, an awesome place to stay : )

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Re: Recent Stay at Park Regis Cairns

Dear spaciousandairy

Thank you for taking the time for your review on Trip Advisor after your recent stay with us at the Park Regis Cairns. We appreciate your feedback and sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused during your stay in regards to your charger.

Your comments have been received and will be investigated / Addressed fully with the Housekeeping department. I thank you for bringing this matter to my attention.

Park Regis Hotel Cairns is strongly committed to providing a high standard of facilities and customer service and we very much value your comments and views in this instance.

Again, thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and we hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Park Regis Hotel Cairns in the near future.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

We stayed at the Piermonde which is half of the Park Regis resort in Cairns, it is more of the apartments and the City Quays is the hotel rooms. We had a 2 bedroom apartment.

Firstly, this would have to go down as one of my worst check in experiences in my life, in the world. I find most receptions friendly, and as you can see, I’ve stayed in a fair few hotels around the world.

This girl was poor, firstly not a smile, not one. In fact, not even a greeting, she just looked at me until I spoke. Now, I went to check in at the Piermonde, no one was there so I had to drag my luggage to the City Quays. It says on the door that the reception is manned between certain hours, it wasn’t.

I didn’t care, it was my birthday and nothing could bring me down…or so I thought.

Anyway, then Ms Surly Blonde, didn’t greet me. I said “Hi, I’m here to check in”. Blank, no response. Should I repeat myself, does she not speak English…nope, she just turns away, walks into the room near the reception comes back and says “name”. Well I gave it and things weren’t looking good. So this continued. She charged me for the room to my credit card, didn’t tell me I had to pay extra for using my credit card which was awesome, considering that if she had have told me I would have used a debit card. When I did raise this she shrugged her shoulders. Then there was car parking. $10 a night, I don’t get this, why don’t hotels whack an extra dollar on the tariff for all rooms and give free parking….can’t see the forest for the trees….anyway I digress….It is an allocated park with a number, so I ask, what happens if someone parks in our spot. I was told “That won’t happen, they are numbered”. Ok. I said “The last couple of hotels I stayed in had numbered parking and inconsiderate guests did this to me and I don’t want to do it to others, who should I contact if it does happen”. The reply I got was a puzzled look, followed by “The car parks are numbered”. Ok, too hard. She did manage to smile at the muscly New Zealand navy boy wearing a tank top who went after me though.

So I then parked the car, no help with our luggage, struggling all the way through the doors that swing back to leave the car park and the buzzer door to enter the property with luggage and children in tow. Thankfully a kind gentlemen from the hotel came to our assistance and my first response was a little surly to him, but I thanked him profusely by the end of the short journey. He got the response surly blonde should have got, maybe I should have worn a tank top.

We got into to the room with birthday cake that required immediate refrigeration, to find a fridge full of towels, open. Seems they were defrosting the fridge. Great. This was quickly fixed though.

The room itself was spectacular, apart from the beds, they were made of concrete. Not a spring amongst them. The rest was great, full kitchen, huge spa bath, however don’t expect hot water in the first 10 minutes of your shower. NO WIFI, sorry isn’t it 2013…..

Realistically, I should have been going on and on about the location, the room (apart from the beds and the hot water), but instead I was left feeling pretty ordinary about this place. A real shame.

Probably wouldn't go back, you can do better in Cairns for sure.

1  Thank wemarriedinvegas
SWHG_Operations, General Manager at Piermonde Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Dear Wemarriedinvagus

Thank you for taking the time for your review after your recent stay with us at the Park Regis Cairns. We appreciate your feedback and sincerely apologise for any disappointment or inconvenience caused during your stay.

Your comments have been received and will be investigated / Addressed fully with the Housekeeping Reception department. I thank you for bringing these matters to my attention.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

Booked this hotel for a break after staying in Lucinda for a few days. We arrived early and were told that our room wasn't ready. The woman didn't even check. Then proceeded to charge us $1.50 for us to leave our bags.

Once we came back to officially check in the lady was still rude. Playing around on the computer rather than serving us. The rooms are very nice and very clean. We wanted to have a late check out, they want to charge $10 an hour for every hour past check out time. They also charge for Internet, $16.50 a day.

The thing that bugs me is that the room wasn't super cheap so the added extras is quiet frustrating.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank DMcGloin

Dear DMcGloin

Thank you for taking the time for your comments on Trip Advisor after your recent stay with us at the Park Regis Cairns. We appreciate your feedback and sincerely apologise for any disappointment or inconvenience caused during your stay.

Your comments have been received and your comment has been addressed with the relevant staff member concerned. I thank you for bringing this matter to my attention.

Park Regis Hotel Cairns is committed to providing a high standard of facilities and customer service and we very much value your comments and views in this instance.

Reviewed 10 July 2013

We stayed in a 14th floor 2 bedroom apartment. Lovely big room with huge living space. Very modern and clean. What irritated however were the little charges for extras. $2 for a pool towel. $10 per day for car parking. $40+ for 4 days internet - seriously guys, you can get unlimited internet in Asutralia for $29 per month. We wouldn't have minded if the room rate compensated but it didnt.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear KarlMarx101

Your comments have been received and noted. Your comments will be discussed with our Head office team.

Again, thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention and we hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Park Regis Hotel Cairns in the near future.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

Stayed during Easter in a 3 B/r with our grown up family. Great location and terrific views. We have stayed in quite a lot of accommodation in Cairns and this rates high for a large family. The 3 B/R apartments are huge - we were on the 12th floor overlooking the hills and outlet - fantastic breezes in the afternoon. I can however suggest a couple of improvements - need to get an ipod doc (for music) - no-one carries CD's anymore! Also would be great to organise wi-fi internet access.
Also need to put a notice on the door for guests to go to the Hotel next door to book in.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank candkadelaide
Reviewed 7 April 2013

We stayed here recently for 5 nights.
Pluses: excellent location, wonderful harbour views, roomy apartment, great deck, prompt attention to problem with both TV's

Minuses: slow service in reception (only 1 person on counter which meant long waiting times), very hard uncomfortable beds, superficially clean but an old potato chip behind TV, long black hairs in the vanity drawer, and dust & hairs behind furniture, TV remote needed new battery, pricey compared to a similar apartment further down the coast in another beach resort

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends