“Delicious”

Cuisines: Seafood, Australian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Service was great - could not fault food. Highly recommended. Very popular locally which says everything.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,005)

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We were on our last day in Cairns and after eating some magnificent Barramundi throughout our trip up here we wanted one more serve - we went here (on recommendation) from TA but on approach to the menu board even there was a MOST unfriendly waiter come MattereD was nothing less that disrespectful and rude - but hey i was there for fish, so i just ignored his ignorance towards us !

ie: I had not even been seated when i asked him if the Barramundi was farmed or wild and he snorted that "hadn't i even read the menu??"

Ummm well excuse me im not even seated YET, "so NOOOO ive not read your menu as they are in YOUR hand" that was our welcome-
anyway we ordered the fish and coleslaw salad - (which was inedible at $19 a serve and fries were an added dish at $8) totally overpriced - I didn't take a photo of that meal BUT I SHOULD HAVE!!!!!!

tiny piece of fish, and horrible salad i wouldn't even serve at home DISGUSTING !!

we paid for our stingy fish - with no salad consumed by all 4 of us - my kiddies ate a full meal at Hungry Jacks at the airport NOT AT ALL MT INTENTION
- but i could not blame them after next to nothing at BARNACLE BILLS !!!

Give it a HUGE miss thats my advise - infact worst and most disappointing meal of our trip
Booooooooooooo

1  Thank godutchSyd
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The first meal here was great. Essentially fish (barramundi) and chips with a good local beer. Service was pleasant and quick as well. So good I went back for dinner another night but this time while the service was again excellent and dining outside was very nice, the fish was a trifle overcooked and the sauce tasted like tomato paste from the can - it wasn't, it was fresh, but tasted like paste. I would still go back, as overall it was better than most dining choices in Cairns, which is a somewhat seedy town overwhelmed by rowdy bars, tattoo parlors, touts and backpackers.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I have been here for lunch many times. The food is great but the wait staff vary between super attentive and friendly, to slightly cranky. It's a popular place in a nice location. The curries are delicious! Give it a go!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Food was great, and the service was as well. The fish was cooked perfectly, and the price was very fair.