“Tres bon!”

Price range: US$30 - US$98
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Traditional French Restaurant in Far North Queensland. Established in 2003, C'est Bon is Cairns Local's Favorite Spot for Business lunch, Birthday party, Romantic dinner and many more. Nicolas the Chef/owner and his Team will welcome you with a bonjour and will take you to a France for the time of your meal. Our Fantastic Head Waiter Kevin will make sure your evening is faultless The A la carte menu displays a sample of France's traditional dish for you to enjoy with why not, a bottle of wine from France, Australia or New Zealand...if you are not sure what to choose, Lina, our only Aussie of the team will be happy to help you Choose what matches best your dish and your taste. the weekly changing 3 course set menu has to be the best value in town with complimentary and unlimited bread and butter with any meal, but dont eat too much of it as, Chris, our Pastry Chef, will blow you away with his creations, simply executed, well presented and most importantly to die for. if your favorite French dish isn't on the menu, give us a call to organise it. whether you are a foodie, a connoisseur or a first time with us....talk to us to make sure your evening goes the way you expected it. Bon Appetit
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Good dining experience. GF options available, plus GF bread- which is always a bonus! Typical Traditional French menu. I had the set 3 course menu $50- which was good value and found the food portions enough (I don't generally eat 3 courses due to the huge sizes), so this was good to enjoy different flavours. Varied wine list with some well priced French wines. Wait staff personable, professional and attentive.
Enjoyable evening.

1  Thank MSK085
There are newer reviews for C'est Bon

Reviewed 3 August 2014

My husband and I dined here whilst holidaying in Cairns recently and thoroughly enjoyed the experience at this excellent French restaurant. The restaurant decor is charming, the staff were impeccable and very helpful in menu and wine choices and most importantly the food was so French and so delightful. This was definitely a highlight of our time in Cairns.

2  Thank MoyraF
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Have been here for dinner a few times this year. The service has been excellent every time. The food is good but the main courses are very large and a little pricey, I think they would be better to reduce the price and the size of the portions, I would prefer to eat 3 courses but cannot as the main is too large even without an entree. The one thing that stops me coming here more often is the awfully uncomfortably wooden chairs that do not allow one to sit back (kind of like old fashioned wooden chairs in a country kitchen). The ambience inside varies depending on how full or empty it is (if you get there early and it is not full is quite bright and echoey). The outside seating is lovely as long as the weather is amenable.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

This is a gem, so cute and European with great french food. Being allergic to dairy, shell fish and gluten, it was tricky but the duck confit was wonderful and they even had gluten free read. The wine list is also very good.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

My partner & I chose to dine here as the result of reading all the great reviews on T/A. Although we both agreed the service was very good & there is a great atmosphere our dining experiences were very different:
As I don't eat meat I decided the set menu would work for me. I had soup to start, which was ok although the pastry topping was a bit much, For my main I had fish the fish itself was tasteless however the pumpkin mash beneath was quite strongly seasoned, it wasn't very nice & the dessert was very forgettable. I also has a glass of the Pinot which was very nice & reasonable priced. However I ended up with the worst indigestion I have ever experienced & I'm not a person who suffers from indigestion normally.

My partner went for the A la carte menu, no starter, braised beef cheeks for main which he said was excellent & then the chocolate & orange dessert cake which again was excellent, although very rich.

My partner is keen to return before we leave Cairns - if we do - I'll be looking for a vegetarian dish on the A la carte menu!