“Great food, authentic but pricey”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cherry Blossom Japanese Restaurant
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 February 2013

First impressions as you walkin are strong tobacco smoke smell like they smoke in the office behind the counter but the staff are very friendly, food service was high quality although the restaurant has an unhurried pace. I rate it for a genuine experience and good food, although the tobacco smell has stopped me returning with my family. I plan to eat there again myself.

Reviewed 16 September 2012

My wife and I enjoyed a delicious dinner at Cherry Blossom during our recent holiday in Cairns. We went there because it was mentioned in the Lonely Planet guide. We were happily surprised. While the décor is rather cheap and a bit old-looking, the food was absolutely delicious, incredibly fresh and very authentic. The service was friendly and fast and we really had a lovely dinner. Prices were a bit high but not more than most restaurants in Australia these days. I would highly recommend this place if you have a craving for good, quality Japanese food while in Cairns!

Reviewed 2 September 2012 via mobile

The meal was delicious...tepenyaki style. Vey impressive! Service by the manager was personalised. A great night out for a social group.

1  Thank Funkychick145
Reviewed 26 May 2012

We had fond memories of a meal at Cherry Blossom many years ago so looked forward to returning on our recent trip to Cairns. Wish we'd checked the menu prices before going in, Cherry Blossom now charges about 40% more than you'd pay for the same in Sydney. Obento box $39, Gzoya $16 !

Prices aside, the food was very nice, no complaints but nothing gourmet to justify the prices - and I'll add we definitely have no problem paying high prices for outstanding food. Whilst the service was good, the decor is very tired and basic.I don't expect we'll return.

Reviewed 13 May 2012

I wrote one of the reviews saying this restaurant was excellent but it seems to have gone down hill since we were last there. The service was terrible and the food was cold and not fresh. My soup came out cold and my meal was cold and over cooked. We asked for a wine and didn't get it but still charged for it. It was taken off the bill at the end of the meal. It was not a busy night and we couldn't get a drink. We have been going here since the 80's but we won't be back. It's very expensive so you don't expect to get such terrible service and food.

3  Thank HNT78