“Great steaks”

Ranked #104 of 641 Restaurants in Cairns
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 April 2012

We dine at Hogs Breath a couple of times a month. The steaks are always cooked to order and the quality is constantly good. We can highly recommend the El Grande which is the steak served with jalipenos, salsa and a cheese sauce. You can also choose salad or vegetables as your sides. The staff are attentive and very friendly and they are great with kids too!

Reviewed 30 December 2011

Hog's breath offers great steaks and curly fries around Oz. However this restaurant has very varying food quality. When I visited the place in Nov & Dec '10 the food was excellent, but in Feb '11 the food was very bad. The food was cold and did not taste very good. In '10 the food was tasty and hot, just the way I like my medium-rare peace of meat

Reviewed 2 November 2011

As we didn't know much about Cairns, we thought we would go to Hog's Breath Cafe for Lunch as you know what to expect....and we weren't disappointed...the service is always excellent at Hog's Breath as well as the food....we were standing out the front before opening because we were early and the female server opened up just for us and asked if we wanted to sit in the air conditioning and wait until opening ...very rare and we appreciated it so much as we had our 2 children with us...the food was delicious and service was terrific...(think the staff name was Emma?)...no matter what town you are in Hog's Breath makes you feel at home :)

Reviewed 16 September 2011

I eat at many of the Hog's around Australia trying to get a consistent steak meal.

The Cairns Hog is the BEST.

The management here really know how to run the place, its a credit to the boss.

This has to be the number one hog in Australia !!

3  Thank gs-aussie
Reviewed 11 August 2011

I went to Hog's Breath with a group of 10. We had not made a booking but the staff were happy to move 2 tables together to accommodate us. The meal was great, everyone was really happy with the quality of the steaks and all were cooked as requested. I have eaten at Hog's Breath many times over the years and they were really on their game - I would say it was the best steak I had had in their restaurant. The service was attentive and the food arrived quickly.

2  Thank LissaCairns