“Raw Prawn, Raw Welcome”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Entering the restaurant as a solo person, I was not impressed with my greeting. Altho it did not appear busy, the chap who seated me seemed somewhat peed off with me coming in. The lovely waitress was fine tho, very friendly. I had the avocado and prawn starter and NY steak lunch, both of which were well received by me. Nothing to write home about here, and after I left, saw another seafood place, which I wished I had gone to instead.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,696)

Reviewed 3 November 2013

My wife and I ate here one evening, having had the restaurant recommended by our tour manager. We sat at a table in the fresh air, though there was an awning overhead due to the tropical rain. We had a fantastic time here. I had the Seafood Chowder as a starter, followed by a main course of the Prawn and Bug Combination (a bug, it should be pointed out, is a locally caught seafood dish, similar to a large crayfish). My wife had Sirloin Steak, with cheesecake for dessert. We rounded this off with a Baileys Coffee. The food was magnificent, and the service superb. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. They even ordered us a taxi (which arrived promptly) to keep us out of the rain. The only words of caution I would add are that it's not a cheap night out. Also, although there are many gluten-free options (which is great), if you order the chowder, ask them to check that the roll which comes with it is also gluten-free, as this nearly tripped me up.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

We went to Raw Prawn whle we were on holiday in Cairns recently. I had read the reviews before we left so was expecting good food and we were not disappointed. The matre'd was exceptional at her job and we enjoyed the best of her service. It was so good the first time we went, we had to go back on our last night as a special treat. We had the mud crab on the first night and it was mouth watering good. We had the Moreton bay bugs and prawns on the second visit, again it was absolutely delicious. Everything was perfect including the side salads and dressing etc. I reckon all the dishes here would be amazing, its a shame we didnt get to try more, if you go to Cairns and like seafood this is the place. Look no further.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

We went to the Raw Prawn Seafood Restaurant when we arrived Cairns for the first night. The waitress was friendly and happy to introduce us the signature dishes, Pacific Fusions and Sirloin, the Pacific Fusions is a mixture of seafood and rice, it was not bad, the Sirloin was great, I asked for medium well, it was just perfect with a glass of red wine. The location is located on The Esplanade, so not hard to find this restaurant.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

I had Spaghetti con Vongole (clams) and my husband had the hop, skip and jump (Kangaroo, Emu and Crocodile), both meal absolutely delicious.