“Lovely food and great service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Splash Seafood Restaurant

Splash Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 592 Restaurants in Cairns
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian, Contemporary
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, View, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Melbourne, Australia
“Lovely food and great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2012

This place had the most beautiful, fresh caught fish. Their waitress, Ros, is friendly and marvellous - she can't do enough to make sure your visit is enjoyable. I thought the price was high, but you would be paying for the location here I'd say.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Ali_Hawkins

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Cairns
“Family owned and operated with fresh local caught seafood.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

Great location at quieter end of esplanade. The lunch specials are terrific value and Today I ordered the seafood chowder first followed by the special chicken and prawn salad with macadamia nuts. Yummy dressing! At night my favourite is macadamia but crusted mahi mahi. As locals this is our favourite restaurant.

Surfers Paradise, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Freshest Seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

We visited this restaurant for the second time while honeymooning in Cairns - could not fault it. The freshest seafood we have ever tasted, friendly service like you come there all the time, reasonable prices and a great location overlooking the esplanade but at the quiet end so you can hear each other talk! Will definately return each time we visit Cairns!

• Visited May 2012
Cairns
“Dined at the restaurant today with a group of 20 friends ....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2012

.... the food was G-R-E-A-T & our table-wait staff-member ... just wonderful!! Every thing was perfect ... although, it only takes just ONE bad experience to stick in the memory ... and, unfortunately, that happened today!! Following our lovely meal, I ordered a coffee ... along with others at the table.... a Chai Latte!! It was explained to me that the restaurant only served Chai-tea ... so, I ordered a Cappuccino instead!! Too easy ... or, so I thought!! Some time later ... most coffees seemed to have been delivered to the table, except mine!! But, I'm the patient-type ... so, let it go, thinking it would eventually turn up!! Much later, still no coffee .... and much, much later, those who were left at the table were making plans to leave & were at the counter paying their bill. I went up last & asked if there was a coffee on my bill. The answer was ... "No! ... from the person who had actually taken my order. I explained that I had ordered the coffee & still felt like it, so ... could you please make me one & add it to the bill. The staff-member looked at me & told me that she had taken that table's coffee order & it was not written on the order, so I must not have placed the order!! When I advised her that I DID, in fact, order it because I had started with the Chai-Latte ... remember & had to change it?? Now, all this conversation took place in a calm, normal tone of conversation ...no anger, in the slightest!! However, her next reply DID make me angry ...... "Well, I must have forgotten to write it down"!!

NO ... sorry about that .... my mistake ... or any kind of acceptance of fault of her part, at all!! And, then ... my coffee was made, whilst I stood there ... in a take-away container to-go!! If I had actually been asked, I would have chosen coffee in a normal cup served at the table!! I then took my coffee back to the table & drank it whilst chatting with the friends still remaining at the table!!

I have travelled abroad extensively in the past 5 years ... I'm retired ... and have recently returned from a Singapore/Malaysian trip. Having lived in this tourist-city of Cairns for most of my life, I have to say ... some businesses in this town have a lot to learn from those countries ... especially Malaysia, when it comes to customer-service!! There, it comes with a very genuine, friendly smile ....& you take responsibility & ownership of your clients needs & requirements ... and you apologise when you get it wrong!! That girl sure has a LOT to learn ... but, she won't be doing it on my time, as I won't be back!! Far TOO many restaurants in Cairns, who get it RIGHT to bother, I'm sorry!! And, I'm part of a broader group of ladies who love to lunch ... so I would not recommend Splash to other friends, I'm afraid, in case they are treated in the same manner by this same staff-member & are also left feeling as I do.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jakarta, Indonesia
“love it, what more can i say?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

Friendly staff, their product knowledge is amazing! staffed by locals, the restaurant manager is a qualified chef and very helpful and informative with menu selection. The female owner greeted us like long lost family.. Great location at the quiet end of esplanade. Batter so light on the fish and chips, fresh mahi mahi, QLD scallops and calamari melts in your mouth and the flavour exploded across my palate!!!! Great selection of wines and cocktails to enjoy with your meal.
Went there a second time with friends as they were so welcoming and definitely would go back on next vacation!

• Visited March 2012