“Great Relaxing mid week Dinner”

Splash Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 623 Restaurants in Cairns
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Recently went for a casual mid week dinner. We had garlic bread, Calamari for an entree and Mahi Mahi served with vegetables, all very fresh, good serves and very tasty. Staff were very attentive, highly recommended. Also lovely views of the Cairns Esplanade. :)

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Second visit in recent months. Always enjoy the fish of the day and the quiet ambiance lacking in some of the neighbouring restaurants

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed in Cairns for only four nights and habe been to "Splash" three times: Each time different dishes, always very good and reasonable priced. Service is also very good, too. A place to go!

1  Thank seeppi
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Nice place, it has outside and inside eat in area. totally smoke free. Could not say anything negative. Well beyond our expectation. Average 3 course meal cost $40 to $50 with no alcohol. Very good service and good for family. Staff were very friendly with the kids as well.

1  Thank Easan01
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

I went back to Splash with friends despite the last time my fish was very dry.
Only table vacant was inside - a bit disappointing on our last night but our own fault for not booking.
I ordered the macadamia nut crusted Mahi Mahi with sweet potato mash and greens. Apart from a lack of seasoning my fish was superb! Moist and succulent with a crunchy crust. Cooked to perfection. However my friends ordered the calamari and both serves were like rubber. But the waitress had no difficulty in taking them back and replacing them with a cheerful smile and saying that they aim to please. In saying that the service was very slow even when most diners had gone. One of our drinks was wrong and quickly replaced but the next order for drinks was so long that when we checked, they had forgotten or missed it.
Overall I would go back - my food was delicious - but I would make sure I had plenty of time!

1  Thank juann22