“1st visit and will be my last”
Review of Piccolo Cucina

Piccolo Cucina
Ranked #48 of 643 Restaurants in Cairns
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We are Piccolo Cucina, a traditional Italian restaurant located in the center of Cairns. We take pride specializing in handmade pasta and hand stretched pizza. We support our local quality producers and their seasonal ingredients. Eat with us and be happy!
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

I dined here with my partner and son.it wasn't busy.As it was a Thursday night. I was recommended to go there for my birthday dinner. I found the service very slow.so slow I wanted to leave. Drink service slow.oh $11 for a glass of bubbly..overpriced. Food was edible..just. prices should be adjusted to meet the standard of the food.staff need a attitude adjustment. Oh and the owner who wears thongs and a day dress does not help the overall presentation of the restaurant. I as a local could only cringe.Maybe staff should paste a smile on their face and pretend they are happy.If that is what it takes. Too make the customers feel welcome.Such a disappointment. Oh and my friend that recommended this restaurant is in trouble.

5  Thank Charliegirl1975

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Came here today for a business lunch with some friends. had one of the specials which was Barramundi and it was superb. Service, ambiance and location all very good. I would highly recommend it for lunch and am eager to try it for dinner.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Dined here with friends - bit of a mixed bag. Food was very expensive for what it was and took a long time, even though restaurant quiet when our order was taken.

I want to give 5 stars to the flavour of the spinach and ricotta ravioli - something that can be very ordinary - this was so divine, unique, tangy, one of a kind. Was regretting only ordering entree size :-( Spaghetti Amatriciana (I think) was dull. Chicken parmy was delicious and looked lovely.

Entree breads just ok.

Would go again, but just for the rav. :-D

Reviewed 3 June 2014

The food was very good.
Would have liked to see the staff wearing shoes instead of the one girl wearing thongs. They don't have full bar service so drinks were limited, but the food was definitely worth it.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Have been here a couple of times and although not one of my favourite restaurants in Cairns, I decided to try it again. The food is consistently good although the wait time was a little long for the food to arrive. All in all it was an enjoyable dinner and the service was adequate and pleasant but as I have experienced before, there is a lot to be desired from the owners when it comes to service. If they improved in this area it would do wonders for their business.