“Great food and service”

Ranked #64 of 606 Restaurants in Cairns
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We are Piccolo Cucina, a traditional Italian restaurant located in the center of Cairns. We take pride specializing in handmade pasta and hand stretched pizza. We support our local quality producers and their seasonal ingredients. Eat with us and be happy!
Braidwood
“Great food and service”
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Went for dinner on a Wednesday night, seated straight away and served with water and drinks within minutes. Food waa quick to come out. We ordered an entree of garlic pizza which looked huge for 2 people but had a very thin but tasty base, meaning it wasn't overly filling. Delicious!. Mains came promptly and my entree size meal was huge so I would be interested to see the main size but oh so tasty. Not overpriced at all for the quality of the food you are getting. Thank you for a great experience.

2 Thank AmyKate84

Frederiksberg, Denmark
“Nice but a bit overpriced. ”
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

We had the bruschetta piccolo and the lamb cutlets for starters. The lamb was nice! The bruschetta toppings were cold and a bit soggy unfortunately.
For mains, we had a pizza and a pasta. The pizza was quite delicious and a decent size.
The pasta was good but too small. A main size pasta at $28 should be quite a bit larger than what we got.

Service was friendly and attentive.

All in all, we had a good meal, but it's a bit overpriced. They should lower all their prices at least a couple of dollars.

“1st visit and will be my last”
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

I dined here with my partner and son.it wasn't busy.As it was a Thursday night. I was recommended to go there for my birthday dinner. I found the service very slow.so slow I wanted to leave. Drink service slow.oh $11 for a glass of bubbly..overpriced. Food was edible..just. prices should be adjusted to meet the standard of the food.staff need a attitude adjustment. Oh and the owner who wears thongs and a day dress does not help the overall presentation of the restaurant. I as a local could only cringe.Maybe staff should paste a smile on their face and pretend they are happy.If that is what it takes. Too make the customers feel welcome.Such a disappointment. Oh and my friend that recommended this restaurant is in trouble.

5 Thank Charliegirl1975
Kuranda
“Great lunch”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Came here today for a business lunch with some friends. had one of the specials which was Barramundi and it was superb. Service, ambiance and location all very good. I would highly recommend it for lunch and am eager to try it for dinner.

Cairns, Australia
“Mostly good, little bit expensive”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Dined here with friends - bit of a mixed bag. Food was very expensive for what it was and took a long time, even though restaurant quiet when our order was taken.

I want to give 5 stars to the flavour of the spinach and ricotta ravioli - something that can be very ordinary - this was so divine, unique, tangy, one of a kind. Was regretting only ordering entree size :-( Spaghetti Amatriciana (I think) was dull. Chicken parmy was delicious and looked lovely.

Entree breads just ok.

Would go again, but just for the rav. :-D