“Great activity to do”

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great activity to do”
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

What a great way to spend a morning .
Mandy the owner was very patient with our 4 year old and almost 7 year old children and showed them a number of tricks and gave them confidence in the saddle.
Recommend you book ahead, as this is quite popular.
Definitely do this again

sydney
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fantastic horse riding lesson”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My 14 year old daughter and her friend (14 year old boy) recently enjoyed a fantastic 1 hour horse riding lesson with Mandy in July during our visit to Port Douglas. They would have loved to return for a 2nd lesson but unfortunately time did not permit.They had so much fun and I recommend this activity to others. Thanks Mandy for a great experience.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fantastic Experience - Bucket List Tick”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This was all that the previous reviewers had raved about.
My Partner had never touched a horse nevermind ridden one, by the time he finished the hour he was feeling very comfortable with the whole experience. Thank you Mandy

Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“WOW! Fun for adults too!”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I had an incredible experience with Mandy from Port Douglas Horse Riding today! I hadn't ridden a horse in over 15 years (since I was a teenager) and she was both considerate of my past ability, pushed me to push myself but also gave me better coaching on my technique (or lack of it) than I ever had when I was younger! I learnt more in an hour than i did in years, i even did a couple of jumps. If I was staying in PD longer I would sign up to see Mandy once a day - the experience was fantastic. When I was leaving I also saw Mandy leading and teaching a very young girl (she looked about 5) and because of Mandy's way, the girl looked very confident on top of a pony three times her height! I can't speak highly enough of this whole experience - if you want the full tilt, aussie girl, great, well kept horses and great riding technique then please go here!

2 Thank Zoe D
Auckland Region, New Zealand
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great experience for kids”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

My kids (aged 5 and 8) have not been horse riding before and this experience was great. Mandy is a very good trainer and instructor. The kids went from having no riding experience to handling their horses at the end of the hour long session. They also learnt how to groom the horses and got to feed the horses at the end. Thank you Mandy for your incredible skill and expertise. The girls had a very positive first experience with horses which will help them with their future interactions with horses.