“Great food”

The Beach Shack Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 118 Restaurants in Port Douglas
Price range: US$4 - US$28
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A local favourite, "The Shack" introduces you to a truly tropical Port Douglas dining experience with a wonderful mix of funky ambiance and laid back Queensland style. An eclectic mix of sandy floor, colourful lanterns, and a chill out bar with comfy couches, "The Shack" offers a delicious restaurant menu or more relaxed pizza bar menu. Come in for a beer and a pizza or a bubbles and tapas - it's what the locals do! Bookings for the restaurant are absolutely essential to guarantee a table!
Brisbane, Australia
“Great food”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We tried this off the beaten track restaurant not expecting much after a long day out and we were pleasantly surprised. Great food and nice friendly staff mean that we would def return again when in the area. I had the ribs which I usually shy away from as being too messy to eat but these were cooked to perfection so I could slide the meat off with my knife and fork. They even allowed me to have vegs instead of the chips and salad it usually comes with, delicious combo. My partner had fish curry which he said was really good, high praise from the king of curry himself lol

• Visited April 2014

Cairns, Australia
“Bad Food”
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Food was absolutely disgusting, worst arancini balls ever! I think they may have been old as they tasted like dishwashing powder was in them, I felt so ill after. Service was average too, it was pretty obvious I wasn't happy with my meal as I barely touched it, was not even asked how was the meal just given a bill. Its a pity because its a great spot.

2 Thank liloliebe
Mont Albert, Australia
“Top quality food, laid back atmosphere”
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I visited this place after reading reviews on here and we are glad we did. We took our 5 month old in the pram and was welcomed by the friendly staff. The food was top quality, in fact I can't remember the last time I ate so well. I had the grilled chicken and hubby had the steak. We finished it off by sharing a delicious dessert platter. Great food and not too pricey which was a bonus.

Newcastle, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pizza pizza pizza”
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Great pizza and delivered on time to our room at the resort. Highly recommended and if in need of a cheap alternative to dining out this would have to be the choice!

Cornwall, United Kingdom
“Alfresco dining out of town”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

This restaurant was 15mins walk from our resort 'Paradise Links' We easily got a shuttle back (called by the Restaurant £2.50pp). The food and service were very good and resonably priced - we paid $90 for 2 persons.
It is located near the beach but not on it - Sand underfoot gives the beach feel !!

Visited February 2014